Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merry Prog Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The Douchebag-in-Chief moved out in January. It was in all the papers.
    It's OK for you to disagree with Obama's policies. I didn't agree with a large number of them. But he is a quality human being, and there is plenty of evidence for that. (Though you probably wouldn't see it on Fox News.) For you to call him the douchebag-in-chief, especially in comparison to the current stain on our Democracy, shows you to be a piece of shit, Dave. No, I didn't stutter. You are like your god. Self serving piece of fucking garbage who only cares about the rich. I'm going to put you on ignore so that I don't have to deal with you, but I don't wish you well. Eat shit and die.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 12-28-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's OK for you to disagree with Obama's policies. I didn't agree with a large number of them. But he is a quality human being, and there is plenty of evidence for that. (Though you probably wouldn't see it on Fox News.) For you to call him the douchebag-in-chief, especially in comparison to the current stain on our Democracy, shows you to be a piece of shit, Dave. No, I didn't stutter. You are like your god. Self serving piece of fucking garbage who only cares about the rich. I'm going to put you on ignore so that I don't have to deal with you, but I don't wish you well. Eat shit and die.
    Have a nice day.

Lucky Man
    Let me tell you about the night my friends and I ended up in Allan Holdsworth's dressing room.

No long story. He had just played the second of two shows that night and I knew then that I had just seen the best bar show I was ever going to see.

Place was called QEII, Albany NY.
    Year 1987. Don't know who was in the band with him. It was a quartet, there was a keyboardist. Probably Chad on the kit. I don't know.

We just went down there. The basement.

There was a 12 pack of Heiney's untended on the floor outside the door, to the right. I am not kidding you when I tell you we helped ourselves.

I asked Allan how he thought the show went and he said the band were great but he thought he could have been better.

(I have since seen, reading elsewhere that he had said this other times. Perhaps it was his stock response. Very humble man.)

We asked him if he wanted to come to my friend's place to see what we were up to soundwise. He politely declined. He was so nice.

A great man left us this past spring.

It was when I knew an age was passing. Had passed.

Allan Holdsworth, man. May history treat him better than our present and past did.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

'87, I'm guessing it would have been Steve Hunt on keys playing for the Evil Svengali-Like Holdsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ......shows you to be a piece of shit, Dave. No, I didn't stutter. You are like your god. Self serving piece of fucking garbage who only cares about the rich. I'm going to put you on ignore so that I don't have to deal with you, but I don't wish you well. Eat shit and die.
    I’m guessing someone skipped their Anger Management class tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    I’m guessing someone skipped their Anger Management class tonight ?
    No, and I don't take back a word. Just don't like to see a good man's reputation besmirched simply because he's not on your team. That kind of mud slinging without cause might be OK in your world, it's not in mine.

IMG_2808.jpg
    Soundcheck prior to pool stage show at Cruise to the Edge, Nov '15

(_|_) <- hurt

Lucky Man
    The tour dates for UK in 1978 listed in that exchange are incomplete. There was a date also in Albany at the Madison Theater, likely July. This was the four piece UK. The Madison is the smaller of the two major Albany theaters.

There were couldn't have been fifty people at that QEII show.

Also saw Allan again in the early 90's. Again a small venue. What is now called the Upstate Concert Hall, formerly Northern Lights.

Keep thinking of the end of Amadeus.

Frankh, that link was solely for the purposes of referencing the author of this thread.

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Frankh, that link was solely for the purposes of referencing the author of this thread.
    I read it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankh View Post
    The tour dates for UK in 1978 listed in that exchange are incomplete. There was a date also in Albany at the Madison Theater, likely July. This was the four piece UK. The Madison is the smaller of the two major Albany theaters.
    setlist.fm has a page that says
    JUL 14 1978
    U.K. at Madison Theater, Albany, NY, USA

My finger is hovering over the BAN button.

You KNOW the rules, but it's sad that so many people lack the maturity or the self control to keep their opinions to themselves.

Do you REALLY think your posts will change anyone's political opinions?

I don't care if you love Trump or Obama or the man in the moon ... grow the fuck up and keep your political opinions OFF this forum.

Thread closed. There will be consequences.
    Regards,

Duncan