Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King Crimson fans: how did you react to Discipline and/or Vrooom/Thrak?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post

I do like the live stuff from the Thrak era but after awhile I tire of it...there is alot out there.
    Which made me hesitant to pick up the Thrak box. I was wrong to be hesitant. The remixed studio album is revelatory. Everyone's role is much clearer. This same type of clarity is pursued in the live albums in the box. I have all the KCCCs and live albums from the Double Trio, but the shows on the box (some of which were previously released) beats them all.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Which made me hesitant to pick up the Thrak box. I was wrong to be hesitant. The remixed studio album is revelatory. Everyone's role is much clearer. This same type of clarity is pursued in the live albums in the box. I have all the KCCCs and live albums from the Double Trio, but the shows on the box (some of which were previously released) beats them all.
    I concur on the audio quality of the Thrak box set.
    And I did really enjoy the re-imagining stereo version (and I am/was a uber-fan of vroom/thrak) but sometimes 'finding' something on the tapes that was not mixed in / muted originally is not re-imagining but just turning everything on.

And sometimes it difficult to distinguish the two.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

loved Discipline from the first play and still love it today

Vroom and Thrak ... meh ... never really grew to love them
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I do! I wish more was available from the live tours the double duo version did (especially TCOL tours).
    You mean 2000 tours (and later)? Dozens of shows available for download on DGMLive (also bundles):
    https://dgmlive.com/tours?artist=1&y...on&liveshow=on

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akond View Post
    You mean 2000 tours (and later)? Dozens of shows available for download on DGMLive (also bundles):
    https://dgmlive.com/tours?artist=1&y...on&liveshow=on
    Sorry, was referring to physical media (specifically CDs).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I've always been tempted, but it's always been too expensive for me, given my interest. Perhaps if I can find it cheap one day, I'll take the plunge. (If it's still in print of course)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.