Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: IQ - Tales From A Dark Christmas CD

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Finally! The CD arrived today. Almost a month to the day that it was ordered. Anyone else left who ordered & is still waiting?
    "Finally the Rock has come back.....to New Haven!"

I was putting up the outdoor Christmas lights this weekend....had Dark Christmas playing on the iPhone in my shirt pocket. Really getting into this album with subsequent listening's! Holiday themes with IQ-ism's throughout! A familiar IQ chord progression in a traditional holiday song brings a chuckle.....my 78yo neighbor was listening and asked me who the band was.....he was getting into it..........This is now my favorite secular holiday album right behind Jethro Tull's........This Album Needs a Wider Release! There was some talk about a release of all the IQ Archive Collection in a box set.....do not know where this stands....

Another good Holiday release: Carols At Christmas - Maddy Prior and the Carnival Band. A live recording. Some funny banter after a few clams..... They do this concert every year in December. Would LOVE to be in the UK to attend one some year......

Carry On.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Oh wow, I forgot about this! I managed to get a copy when they were available but it arrived kind of late for last Christmas and I haven't given it a listen yet. Thanks for the reminder!

This is hands down the best christmas cd ,I eva heard.
    It outdoes Jethro Tulls ,Which was crown winner for years to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Oh wow, I forgot about this! I managed to get a copy when they were available but it arrived kind of late for last Christmas and I haven't given it a listen yet. Thanks for the reminder!
    Yes, it will be nice to play this one in time for Christmas this year!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Less than 3 weeks til Christmas. . Time to pull this out for a listen! 📯📯📯

Listened to this for the first time this week....Just INCREDIBLE!!! My new favorite Christmas cd....can’t believe how great this is!!!
    So much music....so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    Listened to this for the first time this week....Just INCREDIBLE!!! My new favorite Christmas cd....can’t believe how great this is!!!
    I find most if it to be an enjoyable listen, but I didn't care for their version of Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas" and Slade's "Merry Xmas Everybody" maybe because I love the originals so much and I didn't understand the version of "O Tannenbaum" which was so close to Vince Guaraldi's version on the Charlie Brown soundtrack, it seemed to stick out but was well done. Nice disc though. Love the parts where they added the dialogue from A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life. That really gave it a dark feel to it. The music being kind of whimsical feel to it. Surely a disc that I will pull out at this time of year. So glad a bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Less than 3 weeks til Christmas. . Time to pull this out for a listen! ������
    Playing this right now.

Thanks yesman1955 for the reminder, I almost forgot about this album.