Thread: Jude Cole - new music!

Jude Cole - new music!

I figure there has to some love for Jude Cole on this board. 'Start the Car' is one of my all time favorite records. Top notch songwriting, melodies and production.

Jude was one of what seemed to be an endless array of artists that no sooner did I discover them, they either broke up, stopped performing all together or passed away. I swear in the early to mid-90's I thought my enthusiastic fandom spelled certain (and immediate doom) for a musician or band.

It started in the late 80's when as a teen I was turned on to the then-new studio album by Triumph (Surveillance). It was phenomenal! Maybe I can check them out live! Nope, that Emmett dude who played guitar quit before there was even a tour.

About the same time, Mr. Mister's "Go On..." came out. Blew me away. Checked every box for what I dig in music. Than...they split up.

My first Kansas studio album I was old enough to get upon release was "In The Spirit of Things." Loved it. Couldn't wait for the follow up. Which would be several years later...

Got turned onto Jellyfish a couple years later. Became my favorite band immediately. 'Nuff said.

Trevor Rabin? A brilliant solo CD and I loved Talk. Couldn't wait for the follow up with Rabin (or just a new solo CD from Rabin). That would a twenty year wait..

Kevin Gilbert? This was better than ANY of the above.

And add Jude Cole to that list. After a couple of hits in the late 80's he retired from performing music about 20 years ago but has just released a new collection of songs entitled "In Plain Site."

After a few spins it's highly recommended to anyone who remembers him...

Wow, I still listen to A view from 53rd street - and that's by far my favorite Jude Cole album. I liked Start the car, but it was definitely a step down for me. Jude should have, and could have been a super artist, but he came along at the wrong time. Too late to be what would have made him great. I need to pick this up. Thanks for the heads up!

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    I was wondering what happened to him. His Start The Car album seemed to scratch an itch for me back in the early 90's. I played the crap out of that album and never skipped a song. The whole thing was really good. I will have to check out his new offering sometime soon.

I also agree with the OP's comments about Triumph's Surveillance album, loved that one back when it came out as well as Kansas' In the Spirit Of Things
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.