Thread: Harry Chapin, 75th Birthday

Harry Chapin, 75th Birthday

Today December 7th would have been Harry's 75th birthday. I always thought Harry wrote a lot of clever songs. A really talented song writer that maybe should have had many more hits. As he once said I may have more hits if my songs weren't so long. Songs like Mr. Tanner, The Rock, A Better Place to Be, Tangled Up Puppet, What Made America Famous and She Sings Songs without Words are only a few of his great songs.

"Her eyes are for something that won't go away."

RIP Harry you are missed.

One of the great American songwriters. My older brother gave Harry his first light show while performing at Indiana University of PA.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Chapin and Hendrix were both born in 1942...both would have been 75 this year. I miss both!! RIP x 2

Quote Originally Posted by progcd54 View Post
    Chapin and Hendrix were both born in 1942...both would have been 75 this year. I miss both!! RIP x 2
    As do I.

He's the morning DJ at Double-U O-L-D(hit echoplex here)!!!!

I always loved Harry's music, ever since hearing Taxi on AM radio when it first came out. I was working at the local KFC, doing the late night cleanup when Taxi came on the radio. I stopped mopping the floor and just listened to the whole thing...spell binding. Long form songs, telling stories, concept albums, and an amazing humanitarian who talked the talk and walked the walk, determined that no child go hungry in this (or any other) country. More than half his shows every year were done for charity, that makes him a contender for 'seriously awesome dude'. We could certainly use a voice like his in the world today.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I always loved Harry's music, ever since hearing Taxi on AM radio when it first came out. I was working at the local KFC, doing the late night cleanup when Taxi came on the radio. I stopped mopping the floor and just listened to the whole thing...spell binding. Long form songs, telling stories, concept albums, and an amazing humanitarian who talked the talk and walked the walk, determined that no child go hungry in this (or any other) country. More than half his shows every year were done for charity, that makes him a contender for 'seriously awesome dude'. We could certainly use a voice like his in the world today.
    We said. I think even if I didn’t care for his music I would still have admired him. He was one guy who I really feel was a genuinely caring soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorite from Harry...so expressive and thought provoking.

"The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life