Thread: Possible Dave Stewart / Barbara Gaskin concert in 2018

Possible Dave Stewart / Barbara Gaskin concert in 2018

Saw this in the latest Burning Shed email:

Dave Stewart & Barbara Gaskin are planning a summer 2018 live quartet gig with Gavin Harrison on drums.

The concert is intended to take place in London on Friday August 24th 2018, with tickets costing around £25. Although this is a long way off, in order to gauge interest and secure the right sized venue, Dave and Barbara need your feedback now.

If you'd like to come along, please send an email to davebarblive@gmail.com with the subject line I'LL BE THERE and you’ll get a response as soon as the date is confirmed.

-------

If it happens I will certainly be there.

Supposed to be a new record for '18 also

I would LIKE to be there; does that count?

Good news !

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I would LIKE to be there; does that count?
    Yeah me too. Somehow I don't think they'll make it here to the PNW

Or us to London for a single concert.

***Confirmed shows announced via today's newsletter***

The first is at London's Bush Hall on Friday August 24th 2018, featuring Barbara (vocals), Dave (keyboards), Beren Matthews (guitar) and Gavin Harrison (drums). Doors open at 7.30pm, tickets cost £26.50 (inc. £1.50 service charge). The concert will be standing, with some unreservable side seating available on the night. Tickets for this rare one-off UK appearance are likely to be quickly snapped up, so early reservation is highly advisable. Book your tickets now from Burning Shed.

Dave, Barbara and Beren will also be playing trio concerts at Tsuki-Miru Kimi-Omou, Aoyama, Tokyo, Japan on October 20th & 21st 2018. Tickets available from Real & True, Tokyo. Thanks to everyone who reached out and gave their support for these gigs, we appreciate it!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    ***Confirmed shows announced via today's newsletter***
    Gavin Harrison on drums? Hello, sell out show.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Booked. The Bush Hall is a perfect venue for this event.

Ordered - along with the new Isildurs Bane album !
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

I think everyone going should shout out requests for National Health and Egg songs.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I think everyone going should shout out requests for National Health and Egg songs.
    Ha! Yes, not to mention Hatfield & The North! So Barbara doesn't feel bad a shout out for Spirogira's lovely 'Parallel Lines Never Separate' (at least the 2nd half is lovely when Barbara sings)

There are a ton of brilliant Spirogyra songs. You could shout titles all show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Good to see Colgate are on board.

Ticket purchased. Hope I can attend.

seems like yet another concert that makes me go "progday....please....please....please"

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Ticket purchased. Hope I can attend.
    Wish I could go with you, Bob, but there's she-who-must-be-obeyed, it's a week before ProgDay, and other obligations like I might have to wash my hair that night. Please report back if you do go.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.