Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Percy Jones - Solo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I would agree. For me the best Tunnels' album is Natural Selection, which has a different drummer IIRC.
    That would be John O'Reilly Jr.

John O'Reilly Jr. grew up in Los Angeles, CA and started playing piano at a very young age. In 3rd grade, he began his rigorous study of the violin, which lasted well into his years at Arizona State University. While a set of drums was always around the house (his father is a drummer), John didn't begin serious study on the instrument until his second year of college. During the seven years that John lived in Arizona, he honed his craft both in and out of school, and played in every musical situation he could find. The highlight of these years was spent with a band called One, which signed to Mercury Records and began John's recording career. When it came time to move on, John left Arizona for Boston, MA. He lived there for two years, playing with the pop/rock/electronica group Jigawattica and freelancing around the Northeast.
    John currently plays drums with Western Tread Recordings artists Reubens Accomplice and freelances on various touring and recording projects throughout the US and abroad.
    source: http://buckyballmusic.com/tunnels/

I don't think this is the same drummer as this John O'Reilly, who's also a famous writer.

I think the McGill albums with Percy have gotten better with each release. The last one, "Third Transmission," is quite good. I'm in Brooklyn and see MJ12 every chance I get. They're always an excellent show. There's an intensity to their music which is impossible to ignore.