Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally found a vape we love and are no longer combusting!

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Vermont has nothing to brag about, it just enabled a black market and folks will go to Mass and buy legal clean weed giving their tax dollars there. Primarily because of bone head governor. Maine got a new governor and will soon start retail.
    Can you be more specific about the black market aspect? I mean, I'm sure there still is one here in VT, but I can't see a whole lot of evidence of it most of the time. In fact, I know a guy who was selling it illegally and he said his sales have pretty much dried up and everyone is looking for vape cartridges (which can be easily bought in MA, but I believe they're somewhat more expensive there than the black market here, not sure).

Lots of people seem to be quietly growing their own and/or being gifted their weed. I dunno, maybe if I was a total fiend who insisted on being permanently stoned I'd need to run around trying to find a connection, but I don't see a shortage among people I know, lol. But then the people I know seem to be of the take it or leave it variety.

I guess the vape pens are more stealthy, but I generally don't see them often - I mostly see people discreetly using small glass pipes.
    <sig out of order>

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Buying it on the black market in the NY area is always scary. Also, the stuff that I've managed to get wasn't very good. So I'd welcome a state-run shop.

The eons are closing
    I am solid now in NNJ. And given my tummy troubles, goin medicinal soon.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Can you be more specific about the black market aspect? I mean, I'm sure there still is one here in VT, but I can't see a whole lot of evidence of it most of the time. In fact, I know a guy who was selling it illegally and he said his sales have pretty much dried up and everyone is looking for vape cartridges (which can be easily bought in MA, but I believe they're somewhat more expensive there than the black market here, not sure).

Lots of people seem to be quietly growing their own and/or being gifted their weed. I dunno, maybe if I was a total fiend who insisted on being permanently stoned I'd need to run around trying to find a connection, but I don't see a shortage among people I know, lol. But then the people I know seem to be of the take it or leave it variety.

I guess the vape pens are more stealthy, but I generally don't see them often - I mostly see people discreetly using small glass pipes.
    The black market includes vapes that have metal coils which emit lead. In Maryland which has pretty lenient medical based on products produced in Maryland, the extracts were shown to be free of lead in a study by Johns Hopkins. But the lead was found in vapor from metal coils. Ceramic or wick based vapes sold in Maryland dispensaries did not emit lead. The current wave is legal CBD, where 70% comes from hemp grown in China. That hemp derived concentrate was found contaminated with heavy metals, insecticides and Round Up. Concentrate production concentrates those substances. Legalization and scientific regulation are the ultimate answer for our health.

Has anyone gone MMJ for something like chronic back pain? How difficult is it?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Fixed that for ya, Ed!
    I know this is an old comment but I know people who have swapped one for the other, partially because vaping is healthier (which I think is absolutely true) and also good for your weight because you don't get the calories from alcohol, which is....true...but if that's the reason you're doing it, good luck to ya!
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

The black market includes vapes that have metal coils which emit lead. In Maryland which has pretty lenient medical based on products produced in Maryland, the extracts were shown to be free of lead in a study by Johns Hopkins. But the lead was found in vapor from metal coils. Ceramic or wick based vapes sold in Maryland dispensaries did not emit lead. The current wave is legal CBD, where 70% comes from hemp grown in China. That hemp derived concentrate was found contaminated with heavy metals, insecticides and Round Up. Concentrate production concentrates those substances. Legalization and scientific regulation are the ultimate answer for our health.
    That's good information. To be honest though, I can't say I truly trust the vapes I've tried (legit ones from recreational stores included). It could be partly the different character of the high in comparison to some organic homegrown flower. Plus they often have a sort of "chemical" aspect to the flavor that I dislike. My wife refuses to use the vape stuff for the same reasons.
    <sig out of order>

The best part about vaping if you're in to that...is that you can use the spent weed to make edibles. I still smoke, because I'm a hash guy, but my wife smokes a lot of weed, and she vapes. The spent weed gos in to a cupcake mix and produces some great results! One quarter cup of spent weed, mixed with a duncan hines cake mix, poured into 12 cup cakes.... great buzz with just half a cup cake, and it adds no ill taste to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    The best part about vaping if you're in to that...is that you can use the spent weed to make edibles. I still smoke, because I'm a hash guy, but my wife smokes a lot of weed, and she vapes. The spent weed gos in to a cupcake mix and produces some great results! One quarter cup of spent weed, mixed with a duncan hines cake mix, poured into 12 cup cakes.... great buzz with just half a cup cake, and it adds no ill taste to it.
    Where the heck do you find hash these days?! Man, I haven't had any since college.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Where the heck do you find hash these days?! Man, I haven't had any since college.
    It's easily accessible here! If you have the connections.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Banned
    That's good information. To be honest though, I can't say I truly trust the vapes I've tried (legit ones from recreational stores included). It could be partly the different character of the high in comparison to some organic homegrown flower. Plus they often have a sort of "chemical" aspect to the flavor that I dislike. My wife refuses to use the vape stuff for the same reasons.
    The Pax 3 with pods of pure resin, no propylene glycol are the best. No metal coils, just a heated wick. The pods are full spectrum including terpenes. Orange Cookies has an awesome taste.

The eons are closing
    I have a Pax3 but use it with leaf which leaves a smaller but noticeable odor. Hard to get concentrate in NNJ.

The Pax 3 with pods of pure resin, no propylene glycol are the best. No metal coils, just a heated wick. The pods are full spectrum including terpenes. Orange Cookies has an awesome taste.
    Yeah, I assume the stuff I've tried has propylene glycol in it, so maybe that's what we're objecting to.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    My current hash supplier: a local delivery service marijuana business. lol You go to their website ...think of it as a take out pizza menu.... select what you want, call them up, give them your order...and in an hour or so depending on how busy they are, they show up at your door with the product, and you pay in cash at that time. This black hash I'm smoking now is excellent and only $10 a gram. Not including tip for the delivery guy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I have a Pax3 but use it with leaf which leaves a smaller but noticeable odor. Hard to get concentrate in NNJ.
    I’m not sure if the Pax 3 I bought has the herb attachment. I would use a Mighty for flower though.

The eons are closing
    My Pax3 is for leaf and has a concentrate attachment for the bay.

Banned
    My Pax3 is for leaf and has a concentrate attachment for the bay.
    Turns out I had some bad literature, I have a Pax ERA.

The eons are closing
    Turns out I had some bad literature, I have a Pax ERA.
    Have one of those too - but only get the pods when Im in Colorado though now i can hit a store when visiting my bro in MA.

Banned
    Have one of those too - but only get the pods when Im in Colorado though now i can hit a store when visiting my bro in MA.
    All pods are not created equal. Some have propylene glycol and others don’t.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Disposable vape pens have been a game changer for us when out of the house...no more furtive looking for alleyways to duck into, very discrete and very potent (which works well for our high tolerance)

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    My first time experimenting with edibles I did something similar. Thinking that the brown plant matter I had left over in the vaporizer was well past the point of having any potency, I collected some over the course of a few months. Fool that I am, I put it *all* into a peanut butter graham cracker and lost my fucking mind.

I learned you can't win a fight against an edible, even one made from a month old half spent stash. Not the peaceful evening I had in mind.

I still have a first generation PAX vaporizer, but I'd like to upgrade soon. It's been through more than a few battles and is starting to stick pretty badly, even after maintenance. The oven isn't evenly heating the plant matter either, so I've gone back to smoking it. The impact on my lungs is definitely more noticeable with combustion, even when I only smoke twice a month.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntrip View Post
    My first time experimenting with edibles I did something similar. Thinking that the brown plant matter I had left over in the vaporizer was well past the point of having any potency, I collected some over the course of a few months. Fool that I am, I put it *all* into a peanut butter graham cracker and lost my fucking mind.

I learned you can't win a fight against an edible, even one made from a month old half spent stash. Not the peaceful evening I had in mind.

I still have a first generation PAX vaporizer, but I'd like to upgrade soon. It's been through more than a few battles and is starting to stick pretty badly, even after maintenance. The oven isn't evenly heating the plant matter either, so I've gone back to smoking it. The impact on my lungs is definitely more noticeable with combustion, even when I only smoke twice a month.
    Edibles are digested into different chemicals than other delivery methods. I’ll provide the reference which recommends sublingual (under tongue) versus digestion.

I had no idea sublingual administration was a thing. Is it just as effective as vaping or combusting? Admittedly, while edibles are a little outside my comfort zone, I do like to get nice and spacey.

I'll keep an eye out for some of these things. Thanks for letting me know. I'm always looking for new methods that don't involve my lungs filling up with tar.

My only experience is with tinctures, which I was always told you put under your tongue for a few minutes. You never really absorb it all and eventually swallow it. So you'll get an initial kick from whatever amount of sublingual absorption there is and then later you experience the rest of the high as you process the rest. To absorb everything sublingually I assume we're talking about a very small but potent amount of THC?
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    My only experience is with tinctures, which I was always told you put under your tongue for a few minutes. You never really absorb it all and eventually swallow it. So you'll get an initial kick from whatever amount of sublingual absorption there is and then later you experience the rest of the high as you process the rest. To absorb everything sublingually I assume we're talking about a very small but potent amount of THC?
    Sublingual 80% THC pills with 5 mg are absorbed well under tongue, easer to manage than a tincture. Can be high CBD as well.