Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSO 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    A friend and I saw The Trans-Siberian Orchestra today. First time for both of us. We had both been curious but probably wouldn't have gone on our own. I'm glad that I went, but I only enjoyed half of the show.

The first half told a story, "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve." The music was fairly boring, not rocking very much. There were some cool visual effects at least. The second half combined Christmas music, classical music, and hard rock. This was more like what I was expecting. Much better!

The overall production was amazing. Great video, fire, lasers, moving stage pieces, etc.
    When they do non-Christmas tours their shows are much more like the 2nd half of the holiday shows. Of course, I go all the way back to Savatage with most of these guys too and their shows were much more low key, but always great

For the first time I got floor seats, about 15' left center of the light rig that drops down. I always wanted to see that show from the floor and it was just astounding. I had near perfect seats which showed off the production as intended. I can say enough good about it.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    For the first time I got floor seats, about 15' left center of the light rig that drops down. I always wanted to see that show from the floor and it was just astounding. I had near perfect seats which showed off the production as intended. I can say enough good about it.
    With the exception of the very first time I saw them in a theater back in the day, I have never sat on the floor. With my 86 year old father with us, the floor is not really an option. I did sit in the lower bowl of the arena this time for the first time and it was a different perspective form sitting up higher.

We saw them in Houston for the sixth time, and somehow they were better than ever. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

Prog lives!