Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Holy Grails

A live video footage of Tangerine Dream (circa 1975-1980) where we could actually seeing them playing their instruments for real, not faked. And a few extra close-ups on Edgar's smiling face would make it the rarest thing on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    A live video footage of Tangerine Dream (circa 1975-1980) where we could actually seeing them playing their instruments for real, not faked. And a few extra close-ups on Edgar's smiling face would make it the rarest thing on earth.
    What's the deal with the Coventry Cathedral DVD? Is that a mimed performance set to the Ricochet album?

^^^ The Coventry DVD would have been better had they mimed Ricochet! Unfortunately Virgin lost the master tapes to the show and simply dubbed Ricochet over the video. It makes no sense at all visually. They are obviously not playing anything remotely like Ricochet for most of the film. The real Coventry show exists as a boot and someone on YouTube synched that up with the video. It is soooo much better than the Ricochet dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL4e...ature=youtu.be

Jade Warrior 'Now' DVD
    Arthur Brown's 60th Birthday bash DVD
    Stan Ridgway Camoflage DVD
    All at the Astoria, London

Opened this thread after discovering this for the first time last night.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BBBnh9HrSM

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Only one for me, Crimson/Red by Prefab Sprout. Has been "out of stock" on Amazon for at least 8 months.

Anyone have a used one they want to sell?
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There are plenty of reasonably priced used copies on CD on Discogs - the best bet looks like one from Canada for $13 plus postage:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/566954374?ev=bp_det
    Thanks again, JL. It arrived today. I had never bought anything on Discogs before and overall it was an easy deal.

The one exception is that by the time the cd got here today I had received 8 e-mails regarding a one item purchase of less than $20. Wassup w/that?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    7) Soft Machine with Phil Howard. Full show. A German festival, 1971. Moonjune's Leonardo said a German promoter offered it to him for I believe $60K. The guy was greedy so now we have nothing.

Drop does exist, although I'm not sure if it's a full show or not. (I does take place in Germany in 1971 with Phil present). Decent enough sound quality.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Legacy: the UK-then-Eddie-Jobson-solo project.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

- A complete Yes gig from 1969
    - A complete Pink Floyd gig from 1967, 1968 and 1969
    - A complete Genesis gig from 1970 and 1971
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

if you mean things that might actually exist, versus complete fantasy -- master quality DVD/BluRay of the promo film for "America" by Yes

footage shot for the aborted 1976 Yes movie

35mm video , 4-track audio master for the 'Yessongs' movie

For me it would be quality video footage of a full Rush Hemispheres show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Drop does exist, although I'm not sure if it's a full show or not. (I does take place in Germany in 1971 with Phil present). Decent enough sound quality.
    Sorry I wasn't clear--I was referring to a full filmed SM show with Phil Howard! I do own Drop, and it is a lot of fun.