Thread: Anthony Phillips Interview

Anthony Phillips Interview

Hi,

I interviewed Anthony Phillips, the original guitarist of Genesis. We discuss Genesis and his solo career. The interview can be read at jeffcramer.blogspot.com/2017/10/a-very-candid-conversation-with-anthony.html

Nice interview. Thanks for posting the link!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    An interesting variety of reviews you've done!

Nice. Good to know he's doing a new album, although I kinda wish it was a more full scale instrumental album rather than an acoustic album. Although I do adore his piano music.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    An interesting variety of reviews you've done!
    Thank you!!

Good interview, enjoyed that. Thanks for posting!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Thanks! An underrated musician.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Wow! Didn't think he still did interviews about his early days!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Wow! Didn't think he still did interviews about his early days!
    He only would do 2 questions about Genesis, so I thought long and hard on what those questions can be and his answers were great. Didn't feel like a limit of 2 questions!

Quote Originally Posted by docflellis View Post
    He only would do 2 questions about Genesis
    Really? I'm surprised. I mean, I'm not surprised that he would be sick and tired of talking about such a tiny - if important - period of his life, but I'm surprised he would actually have that stipulation. Interesting... and I don't blame him a bit, as a major Ant fan, I want to hear about his solo career anyway!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Really? I'm surprised. I mean, I'm not surprised that he would be sick and tired of talking about such a tiny - if important - period of his life, but I'm surprised he would actually have that stipulation. Interesting... and I don't blame him a bit, as a major Ant fan, I want to hear about his solo career anyway!
    I've seen interviews where you can tell the interviewer made it seem he was interested in their current work but in reality they spend a lot more time talking about past glories. I'm sure that's irritating as hell.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Ant has said he has been asked "Why did you leave Genesis" more than any other question in his life, including "What is your name?" (!)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    When we interviewed Ant for the Tabletop Genesis podcast this past summer, I told him that I wouldn't be asking any Genesis related questions. We just talked about his solo career, and Genesis came up tangentially here and there, but never in any great detail.

He's a really nice guy, and was very giving of his time.

I think this interview is excellent also! Any attention that Ant can get on his solo career is wonderful.

Mike
    Tabletop Genesis - A Genesis and solo career focused podcast, featuring the opinions of Tom Roche, Stacy Godfrey, Simon Godfrey, and Mike Lord - Listen on I-Tunes, or at http://tabletopgenesis.com/ Twitter: @genesistabletop Facebook: www.facebook.com/TabletopGenesis

thanks for that. finally grabbed the slow dance reissue the other day has me chomping at the bit to revisit the other reissues and grab invisible men soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Ant has said he has been asked "Why did you leave Genesis" more than any other question in his life, including "What is your name?" (!)
    Ouch!

Figures though, too bad it's not "When are you doing another full-scale instrumental album?"