Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Neal Morse Solo

Saw Neal at Shank Hall Milwaukee last night and he was much better than expected! Really shocking in a way his set-list was incredible. Played all of The Doorway, a block of Gentle Giantish stuff... Thoughts, Thoughts Part II, Author of Confusion, A good chunk of Duel With The Devil, Bridge Across Forever, and Emma!! Also The Whirlwind, and some Stranger In Your Soul, and a few from the Life & Times album. Very little solo/Jesus stuff, other than Jailbreak (which is really good) & Sing It High. Which made the set amazing, since the bulk of his music if from his solo/Jesus collection. But I prefer Spock's & TA.

Great show. If you're on a fence, go!!
    Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 04-15-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Saw Neal at Shank Hall Milwaukee last night and he was much better than expected! Really shocking in a way his set-list was incredible. Played all of The Doorway, a block of Gentle Giantish stuff... Thoughts, Thoughts Part II, Author of Confusion, A good chunk of Duel With The Devil, Bridge Across Forever, and Emma!! Also The Whirlwind, and some Stranger In Your Soul, and a few from the Life & Times album. Very little solo/Jesus stuff, other than Jailbreak (which is really good) & Sing It High. Which made the set amazing, since the bulk of his music if from his solo/Jesus collection. But I prefer Spock's & TA.

Great show. If you're on a fence, go!!
    In Portland, when requested for "Author of Confusion" when doing the looping stuff he said that he needed another singer to do that song. How was that song done?

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    In Portland, when requested for "Author of Confusion" when doing the looping stuff he said that he needed another singer to do that song. How was that song done?
    He was hesitant to do it, but talked himself into it on the fly. He did all the singing parts himself with looping. I recorded Thoughts & Thoughts Part 2 which I'll put on youtube. I didn't record Author of Confusion, but I regretted not taping that one too, right away.
    Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 04-15-2018 at 05:42 PM.

My video of THOUGHTS live at Shank Hall.

My video of THOUGHTS PART 2 live at Shank Hall.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Heading up to Montreal Wednesday for Mr. Morse Thursday night, then Steven Wilson Saturday night (also seeing SW in Boston).

I notice that Mr. Portnoy will be in town the evening of Neal's show, with Sons of Apollo....just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    I'd have loved to have heard him on the pipe organ, but then I love pipe organs...
    Here you have it:

That was cool, Rick. Thanks for posting.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    He was hesitant to do it, but talked himself into it on the fly. He did all the singing parts himself with looping. I recorded Thoughts & Thoughts Part 2 which I'll put on youtube. I didn't record Author of Confusion, but I regretted not taping that one too, right away.
    I may have said this before, but I really wish he would do this kind of show more often. Though I did notice he was exhausted after the gig I saw. Definitely a low-overhead kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Here you have it:

Thanks. Pretty cool.

I guess touring with a pipe organ would be a bit cumbersome!

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post

I guess touring with a pipe organ would be a bit cumbersome!
    Just have every gig in a church...Nah, he'd never do that.

Wow, the Thoughts segments were tight!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

the tour has moved onto Europe now with the first gig last night in Stockholm.

I saw Neal posted about it with a picture of him and Roine Stolt who showed up as special guest to play on Shine and The Whirlwind.

I haven't been able to find any video online of this 2/4 Transatlantic reunion but if anyone does please post it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Just have every gig in a church...Nah, he'd never do that.
    Not sure if I want to contemplate that. That line is quite fine.