Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Squire- Fish Out of Water

So not much in extra's as those radio edit's, promo film & Chris's narrative where all on the previous re-issue. Run With the Fox is on the Yessyears box set so the only real pull is the 5:1 mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    So not much in extra's as those radio edit's, promo film & Chris's narrative where all on the previous re-issue. Run With the Fox is on the Yessyears box set so the only real pull is the 5:1 mix!
    return of the fox is the main exciting extra(on the 2cd) not having been available on cd before,

for the completest yesyears disc 3 will still be needed for I'm down live and the slightly different versions of vevey split up (as opposed to united on the going for the one bonus tracks).

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    return of the fox is the main exciting extra(on the 2cd) not having been available on cd before
    Isn't it just the instrumental track from "Run with the Fox"? (Instant B-side! Just subtract vocals.)
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Isn't it just the instrumental track from "Run with the Fox"? (Instant B-side! Just subtract vocals.)
    that seems to be the case. I have never actually managed to track down one of those singles so will be new to me. but always enjoyed the A-side so will likely be happy to have that.

Cherry Red just announced the pre-order in a e-mail today. Here is the link: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...eid=4ed5032e41 I still have my 2007 limited-edition CD/DVD version that I purchased directly from Chris thru his Stone Ghost Entertainment store. The only thing this new package can boast is the 5.1 mix, LP and a new booklet for $100 USD plus shipping. Glad I could send money directly to him when he could still use it. Will most likely skip this.

Not for me. I still have the turntable and all, but I won't be forced into paying money for a product I don't want to buy (the vinyl).
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Basically it is. It has some keyboards by Dave Lawson and IIRC some different vocals from Nikki Squire.

anyone see the print run for this?

I'm balking right now seeing as it's only a UK vendor purchase and would like to find one for $75-$80
    2trevorsforlife

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    it maybe could be asked why not blu ray for the 5.1 disc?

actually that could be a good way to differentiate the box and the more affordable version. box gets blu but regular only dvd, so people can get the 5.1 more affordably but if they want the highest quality they go box?
    Silly to have the LP and 7” singles in here. Bummer.

Got my copy of the box set today. I really love this album and seeing the pics in the booklet of Chris Squire makes me sad he left us too soon. Looking forward to comparing this new mix to my Japanese copy.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Would it be too simple to sell each format separately?
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Got my copy of the box set today. I really love this album and seeing the pics in the booklet of Chris Squire makes me sad he left us too soon. Looking forward to comparing this new mix to my Japanese copy.
    So are there different release dates for the different packages? I could only afford the 2 CD package and it has a release date of 4/27 on my order.

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't seen it: the latest issue of Prog magazine is a Fish Out of Water/Yes special with Chris on the cover.

So, I went for the full blown set with the vinyl and surround mix... I'm a bit disappointed. The package feels very cheap, just vinyl sized cardboard sleeves for the CD/DVDs (which had already fallen out when I took them out of the box), similar to the UK boxed set. I only opened it to rip the DVD-A and was not very pleased when I found that the 5.1 mix was AC3/dts only (both of which are lossy formats). The stereo mixes (original and remix) are both available as 96 kHz PCM so I'm happy with that. The bonus tracks (of which there are few) are also apparently only available on the CDs. Compared to the King Crimson boxed sets that are priced only slightly more this definitely doesn't feel like it's worth it (especially since I'm now stuck with more vinyl I don't want). But, it's one of my all time favorite albums so I'll take what I can get.

I'll report back once I have a chance to listen to it and go through the book.

Just got the deluxe package today. Very nice! After one casual listening, the new remix sounds very good. I'm definitely hearing some things that I haven't heard before. Will have to give it a more thorough listening later.

Interesting. I have the two cd issue but due to decorating commitments have not sat down with it yet. Over on the SH forums they seem to be ripping Jakko a new one but heartily approve of the new remaster:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread....720708/page-6

I was just watching Chris in this Live Conspiracy video, just still really miss him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdOFq5amk8

Chris Squire - Days of Wonder | Hold Out Your Hand / You By My Side - Live 2004

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
    Would it be too simple to sell each format separately?
    The Deluxe edition was overkill for me, so I passed on it. I just noticed there's a 2-CD version being sold nowadays, not sure how long it's been out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The Deluxe edition was overkill for me, so I passed on it. I just noticed there's a 2-CD version being sold nowadays, not sure how long it's been out.
    That option was announced at the same time as the Deluxe Edition.
    I eventually caved in and bought the Deluxe as well.

If you are a fan, I suggest it.

I bought the 2-cd set instead of the deluxe package, but now I see they are rolling out yet another reissue? How many times can this thing be reissued?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I bought the 2-cd set instead of the deluxe package, but now I see they are rolling out yet another reissue? How many times can this thing be reissued?
    It's just the same remaster being released on Blu Ray, right?
    Seriously, how many times can they re-re-re-re-release this?
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    It's just the same remaster being released on Blu Ray, right?
    Seriously, how many times can they re-re-re-re-release this?
    https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...ution-edition/
    This Blu ray edition features stunning 5.1 Surround Sound and new stereo mixes of the album by JAKKO JAKSZYK. The disc also includes the bonus features of the FISH OUT OF WATER promotional film (featuring the songs ‘Hold Out Your Hand’ and ‘You By My Side’), along with a 2006 audio commentary by Chris Squire. Finally, the set also contains a 36-page book with an essay by Sid Smith featuring exclusive interviews with BILL BRUFORD, PATRICK MORAZ, GREGG JACKMAN and JAKKO JAKSZYK.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Earlier in the week I found out that they had a 2-CD version and ordered it. It hasn't even arrived yet and they've announced a BLuRay!

Hasn't Bruford: Rock Goes To College (cd/dvd pre-order) been released a few times, too? Or is this "new"?
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

With all the negative chatter related to the 2018 mega-box set priced at $100, I think Cherry Red decided to release a Blu-Ray with the 5.1 & stereo mixes as a lower cost alternative for buyers who did not care for the vinyl (me for one) Good move by Cherry Red. Should be released by end of October.