Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What "bucket list" bands do you still need to see?

Focus
    Misty's Big Adventure
    Whitehorse
    Stackridge
    I remember tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    It goes to show though, that a reunion of the classic era 5 would most likely be a disappointment across the wide spectrum of Genesis fans. There would be gripes about the setlist, the prices, the venues, and mostly about the state of Peter and Phil's now much older limited vocal range. Plus Phil can't play drums now. It just would not be the same.
    Also, if Peter has any sense of dignity (which I'm pretty sure he does), he wouldn't wear the costumes, which I imagine would annoy a lot of fans, as well.

2007 was a good time to wrap it up. Gabriel is a stick in the mud anyway, and he would never agree to do a retrospective tour. He did the Milton Keynes one off show reluctantly and only for charity reasons back in 82.
    He said in at least one interview he didn't even want to "revisit the past" in 82. He did it more as a means of getting himself out of debt.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Also, if Peter has any sense of dignity (which I'm pretty sure he does), he wouldn't wear the costumes, which I imagine would annoy a lot of fans, as well.
    Yep, I don't see him at his age donning the Britannia, the Slipperman, the Fox Head and red dress, or the Suppers Ready "infinity" costumes, etc, and seeing an old balding grey bearded guy sing many of those tunes with those theatrical images already burned into the memory just wouldn't "capture the magic" in quite the same fashion. I even get a little uncomfortable in the Hackett shows watching Nad Sylvan sing those tunes with a minimal amount of face paint.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Yep, I don't see him at his age donning the Britannia, the Slipperman, the Fox Head and red dress, or the Suppers Ready "infinity" costumes, etc, and seeing an old balding grey bearded guy sing many of those tunes with those theatrical images already burned into the memory just wouldn't "capture the magic" in quite the same fashion..
    Exactly. Yet fans would expect to see the same show they saw in 1973 or whatever, and that certainly isn't going to happen, even if you could get all five of them to agree to do it and Phil was able to drum.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    After Crying
    Just so happens i put "6" on yesterday and it held up pretty darn well. Grateful i got to see them at Nearfest.

regarding bucket list mine went unfulfilled, I really wanted to see Mose Allison, XTC and Toots Theilemans but those ships have sailed.
    If i ever have the opportunity to see Pugwash and The Wondermints i'll be thrilled, the current Jeff Lynne's ELO would be great too.

Never seen Roine Stolt live. That needs to be corrected. Hopefully The Sea Within will tour the US. But I'd rather see The Flower Kings or Transatlantic...
    The Prog Corner

I'd love to see a Steve Hackett show with a guest appearance from ANY member of the classic Genesis line-up.
    Best would be PG turning up to sing The Musical Box - he could wear a "Young Man" mask for the early verses!

It won't happen.