Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: KING CRIMSON EUROPEAN TOUR 2018

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ Well, I would truncate Level 5, but yes...I"ve been hoping for the complete Larks' Tongues suite in concert.

Also, this is slightly OT, but any one know any reason there isn't a download available for the two NYC shows from the last leg of the tour?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    ^ Well, I would truncate Level 5, but yes...I"ve been hoping for the complete Larks' Tongues suite in concert.

Also, this is slightly OT, but any one know any reason there isn't a download available for the two NYC shows from the last leg of the tour?
    The nyc shows they couldn’t put up due to some New York union rules....this is the same city where for royal packages they couldn’t use a mic because they’d have to pay out the ass just to have a mic turned on due to some insane union rules. David Singleton blogged about it.

I for one wouldn’t look forward to a larks suite.....that’s about a solid half hour of a 3 hour set and to me would just get rote. I did like how last tour they’d sometimes do larks 1 and 2 back to back and sometimes moonchild and court back to back as “suites”, but too much of that stuff would be overkill imo. That said, excited to see what new stuff they’re adding!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    The nyc shows they couldn’t put up due to some New York union rules....this is the same city where for royal packages they couldn’t use a mic because they’d have to pay out the ass just to have a mic turned on due to some insane union rules. David Singleton blogged about it.

I for one wouldn’t look forward to a larks suite.....that’s about a solid half hour of a 3 hour set and to me would just get rote. I did like how last tour they’d sometimes do larks 1 and 2 back to back and sometimes moonchild and court back to back as “suites”, but too much of that stuff would be overkill imo. That said, excited to see what new stuff they’re adding!
    Ahh thanks. I must've missed that blog. This is why people hate unions. Shame...but there is plenty of stuff from the tour that I'll live.

And yes...whatever new stuff they add is cause for excitement (unless its Heartbeat/Model Man/Man With An Open Heart.)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I mentioned Groon earlier, but since I'm also a tronaholic I'd drool for In The Wake Of Poseidon.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I hope they ditch one or two drummers for this tour ... I hate this 3 drummers thing..it sucks a lot of mana imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorillclub View Post
    I hope they ditch one or two drummers for this tour ... I hate this 3 drummers thing..it sucks a lot of mana imo.
    Not happening.

Heh. No. This is what the band is now. It's okay if it's not for you. But it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Heh. No. This is what the band is now. It's okay if it's not for you. But it is what it is.

ok ! I already bought my ticket. I just have to hope that something happens to a drummer. Something not very serious like tendonitis to the handle . i'm not that bad ..

ok ! I already bought my ticket. I just have to hope that something happens to a drummer. Something not very serious like tendonitis to the handle . i'm not that bad ..
    Keeping it classy.

you know they have a 4th drummer in reserve playing keyboards now...

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    you know they have a 4th drummer in reserve playing keyboards now...
    And "9th Man Inactive" Belew, waiting in the wings with sticks in hand.

would actually be pretty hilarious if belew rejoined actively but only as a drummer.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    They could add ProjeKct Two material to the set!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Pretty sure the friends and family show was played recently, correct? It'd be interesting to see a setlist, see what has been added.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    They could add ProjeKct Two material to the set!
    Don't forget P6.
    What's on his schedule during this tour

At that point, They could seriously give the regular drum circle formed on the UC Berkeley quad right off of Telegraph a serious run for its money .

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Pretty sure the friends and family show was played recently, correct? It'd be interesting to see a setlist, see what has been added.
    I believe it is the day before the first show

would actually be pretty hilarious if belew rejoined actively but only as a drummer.
    And What about Bruford rejoining as a guitar player ?

“Last day here, we put on our usual ‘Friends & Family’ show. Not for many people this time, but it’s a different experience playing the music in front of an audience and we wanted to get a head start before June’s first show in Poland.”

https://tonylevin.com/road-diaries/k...and-rehearsals
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

“Last day here, we put on our usual ‘Friends & Family’ show. Not for many people this time, but it’s a different experience playing the music in front of an audience and we wanted to get a head start before June’s first show in Poland.”

interesting well it wasn't the usual friends and family show because this is the one that 1000 club members were invited to:

The King Crimson Family & Friends show will be on the 12th June in Poznan, Poland. As always, the band have invited 1,000 Club members! We are happy to share that there will be space for those who are attending to bring a plus one! If you haven't already done so please email if you wish to attend.

so might be more tight lipped people invited to that one.

They’ve done this every tour - there’s a “public” friends and family show for 1000 club members and selected guests and before that another friends and family show in their rehearsal space which has always been strictly personally invited guests of the band members. For this show, I don’t think we’ll evee know the set list as it was super private and in their rehearsal space. A brief one too - tonys blog mentioned it was just 1hr 45mins.

In any event, they’ll be rehearsing again in a few weeks and then touring starts! Hooray!

So it begins tonight.......curious to see what newbies pop up.

In Poland now...second show tonight...Spoilers:

S 1:
    Neurotica - new lyrics second verse
    Cirkus
    Lizard - (including a revamped Bolero) RF had issues - used patches with soundscapes chimes attached and ones with pitches off
    Moonchild
    ITCOTCK
    Hell Hounds
    Suitable Grounds - new intro
    Fracture

S2
    Banshee Bell
    Discipline - Mel added slightly now
    LTIA 4 - rough, needs work
    Cadence & Cascade
    Radical I
    Meltdown
    Radical II
    Level 5
    Islands

Encore
    Breathless
    Starless

Would be quite cool. I saw ProjeKct Two with Belew only on drums. Was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    In Poland now...second show tonight...Spoilers:

S 1:
    Neurotica - new lyrics second verse
    Cirkus
    Lizard - (including a revamped Bolero) RF had issues - used patches with soundscapes chimes attached and ones with pitches off
    Moonchild
    ITCOTCK
    Hell Hounds
    Suitable Grounds - new intro
    Fracture

S2
    Banshee Bell
    Discipline - Mel added slightly now
    LTIA 4 - rough, needs work
    Cadence & Cascade
    Radical I
    Meltdown