Thread: Godsticks - Faced With Rage (for fans of The Pineapple Thief)

Godsticks - Faced With Rage (for fans of The Pineapple Thief)

If any of you have been following The Pineapple Thief lately, either catching them live or watching their new live dvd, you might have noticed an added guitar player in the line-up to beef up the sound. Darran Charles, is a mate of Bruce Soord's, and has helped them out on albums and tours as Soord rates him as a lead guitarist.

Charles also has his own band - Godsticks - which went out on the road supporting the Pineapple Thief recently, and they've just released a new album Faced With Rage on the Kscope label. If you like the guitar sound of 'the Thief, then you might well enjoy the slightly heavier sound of Godsticks, as they share a similar DNA when it comes to songwriting.

If that's caught your interest, then you can read my full "anger management analysis" of Faced With Rage on my latest blog review:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....ith-rage-2017/

I'll see you on the other side of my therapy

I love this band!

Orcopian
    great band and Faced With Rage is stunning, their best release to date, it's often as heavy as envisage (their last album) but with a bit more light and shade, all in all a really really strong release. Aside from being a great band I believe Godsticks played a big part in making Mike Keneally's last UK tour happen (and also played support) so I will be eternally grateful to them for that.

Thanks for the heads up. I love Godsticks
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I'll check it out even if Pineapple Thief is a little too "lite" for my tastes.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet