Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drummers.. Stand or Sit

Keith Moon’s proclivities are of no concern to us here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    That was my first thought upon seeing the thread title... Indeed, I saw the VF twice (83 and 96), and he played mostly standing up (AAMOF, I don't remember seeing a stool at all)
    But then afain , he played with one of the most simple drum kit I've ever seen.
    They had an interesting instrumentation in general, one of the only “rock” bands I know of that uses a guitarrón as a regular part of their sound. Both it and the simple drum kit make sense, since they started out as street performers just playing in random public places.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    They had an interesting instrumentation in general, one of the only “rock” bands I know of that uses a guitarrón as a regular part of their sound. Both it and the simple drum kit make sense, since they started out as street performers just playing in random public places.
    their use of an acoustic bass guitar is/was also inhabitual on stage

Not to mention their blowing in seashell interludes.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

re: Violent Femmes,

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    They had an interesting instrumentation in general, one of the only “rock” bands I know of that uses a guitarrón as a regular part of their sound..
    Los Lobos also used a guitarrón, I believe.

I didn't realize Violent Femmes used a guitarrón, I remember seeing their bassist playing an acoustic bass guitar, an early 80's model that I believe was marketed by Ernie Ball in a few photos in music magazines and in the Gone Baby Gone video, but dont' know enough about them to know what he used otherwise.

Joe Saylor, of the Stay Human band on Stephen Colbert's Late Show, is usually standing.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart