Thread: The Nordic Giants - new album Amplify Human Vibration

The Nordic Giants - new album Amplify Human Vibration

Any fans of the Nordics here?

If you enjoyed their last album A Seance Of Grand Delusions, then you'll find more of the same to enjoy in the new one Amplify Human Vibration, and they're taking it out on tour just now.

Alternatively, if you haven't heard them, but like the idea of music being created by two musicians who literally mask their identities to let the music take front stage, and you enjoy the more cinematic side of ambient prog, then you might find this album rewarding you with 'good vibrations'.

If this has piqued your interest, you can get the full rundown on my latest blog review:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....ibration-2017/

Cheers

I just got into them a few months ago (thanks, Progstreaming), but it definitely scratches an itch I didn't know that I had. It takes me to a different place than the rest of my collection. I'll have to get this new one.

yeah it's a great record/soundtrack.

I'd love to see the film too.

here. i was fortunate to witness them live at ArcTanGent (bristol/UK) in 2016 and 2017. completely blown away on each occasion. just got tix for hamburg on december 1st. they are what we call a gesamtkunstwerk; a synthesis of several forms of art with visual effects (one poor guy actually collapsed behind me due to the effervescent stroboscope onslaught) and highly evocative films to the fore with the two protagonists masked to the point of unrecognizability and very much retreating into the background, almost becoming movable stage props. stunning experience. can't wait to get my next fix.

I just read the interview in Prog. Seems these guys may be right in my wheelhouse. What’s the best way to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would go with the 2 EPs that came out as a compilation album in 2014, "Build Seas, Dismantle Suns."

Okay, I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk