Thread: Unitopia More Than a Dream The Dream Complete

Unitopia More Than a Dream The Dream Complete

I apologize if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one......One of my favorite groups has released a 3cd remastered remixed version of their first album, which is the only one I have never had. There was info about this a few years back, but then the group broke and splintered into two groups. I thought at the time this would never be released. But Mark and Sean patched things up and it has finally been released! I want to tell you, this is fantastic! The first cd is the remastered version of the original album with two bonus tracks. Sound is great! CD two has remixes and reworkings of most of the original album. CD three has two tracks that were originally on Musea releases which I never got. One is from 'The Story of H.P. Love raft', which is almost 12 minutes long. The other is from 'Decameron-Ten Days in 100 Novellas Pt. 2' which I also never got. This one is 20 minutes long! There's also another previously unreleased song, 2 fully produced demos from 1996 and a new song written especially for this release. Great stuff!! Except for one thing: spread across CD 2 and 3 are 6 dance mixes!! And I will quote what Sean says in the liner notes: 'what were they thinking??!!' Unless you like real dance mixes, you will listen to these MAYBE once. Guess they were trying to reach a larger audience. Yes, Genesis, ELP and others did the same thing back in the day. It didn't work then, except maybe Genesis, and it didn't work here.....Other than that I really love this new release!

Any other fans?
    So much music....so little time....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I pretty much lost interest when you mentioned the dance mixes - not that it's your fault. What were they thinking when they put them on this new 3cd set, that's what I'd like to know? Mistake made a second time!

I'm a big Unitopia fan (or anything that Sean Timms and/or Mark Trueack do), was looking forward to More Than a Dream being re-released and highly recommend it. My impression is they threw the kitchen sink in the 3 CD's, and as you can imagine, there are probably some tunes that are "meh" (i.e. the dance mixes). But that's okay by me as I rather have it all and then pick & choose.

Also can't wait for their next projects -- more Southern Empire or UPF anyone? Or guest appearances? We'll see...

Rick