Thread: Trane on Independent Lens

Trane on Independent Lens

There's a documentary on the PBS show Independent Lens premiering Monday, November 6, titled Chasing Trane: The John Coltrane Documentary.

You'll have to check your local PBS station to find out when they're airing it, tho.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    There's a documentary on the PBS show Independent Lens premiering Monday, November 6, titled Chasing Trane: The John Coltrane Documentary.

You'll have to check your local PBS station to find out when they're airing it, tho.
    It was very good!
    Thanks!

This is also on Netflix, and it's bloody great. Made me want to listen to nothing but Trane afterwards.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    This is also on Netflix, and it's bloody great. Made me want to listen to nothing but Trane afterwards.
    Indeed.
    I loved the Miles/Trane details. Can you imagine what it was like to see them together?