Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAMEL ARE BACK

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    Material is written and in hand, just waiting for Andrew to pull the trigger. IF and WHEN???
    I seem to remember Andy saying a couple of years ago to the effect that he'd recorded some new stuff but didn't think people would buy it so had ditched it. Wish he would put some new material out - it would sell!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Sadly, no US dates...

Agreed and it is certain that will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    From the Camel website-

** The 2018 tour is breaking ground in new territories and also revisiting familiar ones. But there are some absent friends such as Scandinavia, France, Germany and both North and South America. Camel have not toured these territories in many years and there were no financially viable offers for the band to do so in 2018. It now seems highly unlikely there will be any dates added on the present schedule. Camel Productions can say for certain that the 17th September Royal Albert Hall show will be the final performance of this year. There are still a precious few tickets left and they will soon be sold out.**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

So frustrating they won't tour Canada at least!!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Time to buy a ticket for the UK.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Got tix for the Utrecht show [emoji106]

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Agreed eh? But, "at least" in Canada we will get the ONLY show by Arena this year in Quebec (I've got my tix) and it will be amazing...the Mick Pointer Band (a tribute to Jester's Tear album featuring guest Nick Barrett from Pendragon) will be at the same venue one week before Arena but I can't make that one unfortunately.

But keeping fingers crossed for Camel in Canada like you!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Time to buy a ticket for the UK.
    Got my tix for the Royal Albert Hall the day they went on sale. Got great seats, cannot wait! Last time I saw them was for the Snow Goose tour at the Barbican when my friend Guy Leblanc was still alive and well. Was glad I got to spend some precious time with him before he passed.
    I hope that you can make it Nog!!

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Did Andy tell you this?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Got my tix for the Royal Albert Hall the day they went on sale. Got great seats, cannot wait! Last time I saw them was for the Snow Goose tour at the Barbican when my friend Guy Leblanc was still alive and well. Was glad I got to spend some precious time with him before he passed.
    Oh I was telling progman to get a ticket, he's been complaining about Camel not touring the USA for ages. I'm of the opinion that if they can't afford to come to you then you neeed to go to them. I've made 2 trips to London in the last couple of years to see Knifeworld and North Sea Radio Orchestra, neither of which can afford to tour the States.

Enjoy the gig, not a bucket list band for me but I'd go see them if logistics worked.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I was at the Barbican gig - what a great night. I saw Steve Rothery in the audience.

I will also be at the RAH

Their keyboard player Peter Jones is a regular poster over on the Big Big Train Facebook page

Would love to see another new album though!!!....

Been on quite the Camel kick lately. Really appreciating 'Rajaz', which for me starts off much stronger than 'Dust & Dreams' and 'Harbour of Tears', although each of those have instrumental gems in the 2nd half. Although nothing on any of them quite approaches the level of 'Echoes', for me personally, 'Three Wishes' is such a great opener. Been listening to albums in order, with just one to go now.

^^^ Rajaz is a beautiful album, my favourite outside of the classic era.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    ^^^ Rajaz is a beautiful album, my favourite outside of the classic era.
    Rajaz is my favourite album. I like all Camel music and just hearing the great musicianship of all members is astonishing indeed. Camel have had some great 1st class performers in this band.

Yeah, it's interesting that years ago, I actually preferred a couple of the other newer ones. Now, I think Rajaz may be my favorite of the last four (or maybe 8 or so actually).