Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAMEL ARE BACK

CAMEL ARE BACK

Great news to all you Camel fans out there, Camel Productions have finally announced that Camel will be touring in 2018 starting with the Royal Albert Hall no less. Only fly in the ointment, it's not until September!!

Quite like to see and hear them there as I've never been before and I hear the acoustics are phenomenal. They can't keep doing the Proms year in, year out without it being somewhat special can they?

Like they did with the Snow Goose tour this time they'll be playing the 'classic' Moonmadness, in it's entirety. More dates are apparently going to follow.

No mention of any new material, so no surprises there then.

Here's a link to the camel website http://www.camelproductions.com/
    Last edited by Iceman; 10-30-2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Adding more information

Looks like Peter Jones will be playing with them. Really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Great news to all you Camel fans out there, Camel Productions have finally announced that Camel will be touring in 2018 starting with the Royal Albert Hall no less. Only fly in the ointment, it's not until September!!

Quite like to see and hear them there as I've never been before and I hear the acoustics are phenomenal. They can't keep doing the Proms year in, year out without it being somewhat special can they?

Like they did with the Snow Goose tour this time they'll be playing the 'classic' Moonmadness, in it's entirety. More dates are apparently going to follow.

No mention of any new material, so no surprises there then.

Here's a link to the camel website http://www.camelproductions.com/
    Any chance they cross the pond?? Or is that a pipe dream!!!!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Excellent news, would love to see them come over here but I won't hold my breath.

Moonmadness??!!! Might just cross the pond if they don't come here.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Moonmadness is a dream come true. My favorite Camel album. If they come anywhere in the US, I will travel to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Moonmadness is a dream come true. My favorite Camel album. If they come anywhere in the US, I will travel to see it.
    i'm wondering if montreal or toronto is more likely - it just seems like canada has (a lot) less visa related costs and paperwork to wade through. i'd travel to montreal in a heartbeat. toronto...two heartbeats (it is further)

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    i'm wondering if montreal or toronto is more likely - it just seems like canada has (a lot) less visa related costs and paperwork to wade through. i'd travel to montreal in a heartbeat. toronto...two heartbeats (it is further)
    Toronto for me would be a no-brainer. Montreal? I'd visit my daughter in Ottawa and then go there. Another no-brainer (the Geez will willing make a joke about the 'no-brains').
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

I love Moonmadness, so this is really cool! Unfortunately I can't make the trek, but maybe an official live recording will be made.

Fantastic. I hope they are working on new music, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Toronto for me would be a no-brainer. Montreal? I'd visit my daughter in Ottawa and then go there. Another no-brainer (the Geez will willing make a joke about the 'no-brains').
    Wait for it, wait for it.....

Anything short of Vancouver would make me head north.

Don't think we will ever hear new music.

May have to take some money out of the retirement account to head across the waters.

Is Andy still based in California or did he and Susan move back to Blighty?

Quote Originally Posted by dregsfan View Post
    Is Andy still based in California or did he and Susan move back to Blighty?
    They have moved back many many moons ago, I think even before Andy got his major health scare.

**2 NEW DATES in POLAND**

2 June 2018
    Poland
    Warsaw
    Progresia

Tickets on sale 6 November 2017

3 June 2018
    Poland
    Zabrze
    Dom Muzyki Tanca

Tickets on sale 6 November 2017

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Good to hear Andy feels good enough to get back on the road.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Apparently the acoustics in the RAH are legendarily awful, I seem to recall reading an interview with Steven Wilson recently where this was discussed.

Other than that, great to hear that Camel are returning. Andy Latimer remains one of my favourite guitarists of all time, and if I'm likely to be in the UK at the time that Camel play the RAH I'll certainly look into getting a ticket.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I saw Eric Clapton in the 80's at the Royal Albert Hall and they were the best acoustics I'd heard at that time, I was in a box which apparently doesn't suffer like the main floor.
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 11-03-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Ticket prices at the RAH aren't cheap, up to £100 before fees. More expensive than I paid for Marillion recently.

They will not be touring NA and SA...O well, I guess it stays in the bucket!!!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Would be nice if another album is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by noni View Post
    Would be nice if another album is likely.
    Material is written and in hand, just waiting for Andrew to pull the trigger. IF and WHEN???

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    They will not be touring NA and SA...O well, I guess it stays in the bucket!!!!
    Grateful for getting to see them at Nearfest (2003 I believe). If not for that, they'd be on my bucketlist too.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    Grateful for getting to see them at Nearfest (2003 I believe). If not for that, they'd be on my bucketlist too.
    Yep, I was there for that, too. Wonderful show, and I was just blown away by Latimer's wonderful playing, and, goddamn, that TONE!!

Sadly, no US dates...

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Apparently the acoustics in the RAH are legendarily awful, I seem to recall reading an interview with Steven Wilson recently where this was discussed.

Other than that, great to hear that Camel are returning. Andy Latimer remains one of my favourite guitarists of all time, and if I'm likely to be in the UK at the time that Camel play the RAH I'll certainly look into getting a ticket.

Er, I've seen many shows at the RAH, the sound has always been good to excellent. As usual a lot depends on where you sit and the bands sound engineer.