Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 4-DVD (7-hour) live KENSO box set

Banned
    I'd be interested as well - perhaps Steve will work his magic at Wayside? I'd buy one if he could, but I imagine it's probably not worth the hassle...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The English translation that Windows produces is pretty funny:

Scheduled to be released on December 1st !! Reservation acceptance !! The book of
    the band that celebrated the new century, from the '02 year work 'Tranzyuris Sutairan' to the current '14th work' 'Inner Naruto' Returning Seyo "A live DVD excerpted from the live from all the performances from 2003 to 2014, compiled from live images of domestic / overseas 13 performances that were held until the announcement.
    Contents of the must-see fans (except for the Kyoto performance) in which various images were studded from the entire stage to the solo shot of each member by the multi camera.
    English Subtitle function, bonus bonus footage included for each disc. 4 DVDs, including bonus bonus footage Total total recording time Over seven hours, this is exactly one packed with KENSO.
    800 set complete limitation therefore, complete sale end / addition production. Is not! Buying. Missing ..., fans. Buying luxury live board ..
    [2ch LPCM stereo correspondence / bonus video recording / 4 sheets set]

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    I'd be interested as well - perhaps Steve will work his magic at Wayside? I'd buy one if he could, but I imagine it's probably not worth the hassle...
    I dunno if it isn't 'worth the hassle', but I really don't see people ponying up $200.00 or whatever it is going to be retail after I have to ship them over from Japan, for this.

I mean, are you really prepared to pay that for 4 DVDs?

But thanks for thinking of us.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Hi again,

As of now, the only retail seller I know will be carrying the title in Japan will not fulfill international orders. If there's any vendor that would like to be put in touch with the distributor (in Japan), though, please send me a PM and I'll send along the corresponding contact info. I'm sure that there are a lot of fans outside of Japan who will want to buy a copy, so I'll definitely do what I can to help ensure the title becomes available internationally.

Thanks and best wishes,

Alan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I dunno if it isn't 'worth the hassle', but I really don't see people ponying up $200.00 or whatever it is going to be retail after I have to ship them over from Japan, for this.

I mean, are you really prepared to pay that for 4 DVDs?

But thanks for thinking of us.

Very good point. I am, but that's probably because I'm NUTZ!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The English translation that Windows produces is pretty funny:

Scheduled to be released on December 1st !! Reservation acceptance !! The book of
    the band that celebrated the new century, from the '02 year work 'Tranzyuris Sutairan' to the current '14th work' 'Inner Naruto' Returning Seyo "A live DVD excerpted from the live from all the performances from 2003 to 2014, compiled from live images of domestic / overseas 13 performances that were held until the announcement.
    Contents of the must-see fans (except for the Kyoto performance) in which various images were studded from the entire stage to the solo shot of each member by the multi camera.
    English Subtitle function, bonus bonus footage included for each disc. 4 DVDs, including bonus bonus footage Total total recording time Over seven hours, this is exactly one packed with KENSO.
    800 set complete limitation therefore, complete sale end / addition production. Is not! Buying. Missing ..., fans. Buying luxury live board ..
    [2ch LPCM stereo correspondence / bonus video recording / 4 sheets set]
    Not so fast! I actually found and example of a "must-see fan studded from the entire stage to the solo shot":

sterntights-japan-1168x657.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Very good point. I am, but that's probably because I'm NUTZ!
    well, if there are others, let me know. But I may ask for a deposit before I lay in a supply.....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Banned
    ^^^
    Sure, I'll sign up. Worked for Art Zoyd quite nicely!

Wow, very interested but I already have the Nearfest DVD. Are they putting that same entire Nearfest performance in the box or is this all highlights from various shows? In other words, I would be most interested in having other complete live shows than a collection of songs from various live shows, but any live video of Kenso is tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Wow, very interested but I already have the Nearfest DVD. Are they putting that same entire Nearfest performance in the box or is this all highlights from various shows? In other words, I would be most interested in having other complete live shows than a collection of songs from various live shows, but any live video of Kenso is tempting.
    I just finished the third DVD tonight and can tell you that the main program material generally consists of a good chunk of material from each respective show, but I don't think there are any complete performances. Aside from one cut that was taken from the NEARfest DVD, all the other footage is previously unreleased.

I can honestly say that, based on what I've seen thus far, I'd say it's really amazing all the way through--and I'd find it hard to believe that any real fan of the band would not find it quite compelling on the whole (at least as much so as the DVD you already have, though I've got a sentimental attachment to having helped the band at NEARfest and witnessing that amazing performance in person).

Thanks and take care,

Alan

Ok thanks, nice to know I wouldn't be duplicating except for the one tune. Still a big chunk of change. Has the band lineup remained pretty constant in this time period, or are there many different lineups?

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Ok thanks, nice to know I wouldn't be duplicating except for the one tune. Still a big chunk of change. Has the band lineup remained pretty constant in this time period, or are there many different lineups?
    The lineup on the release is documented as follows....

KENSO :
    Yoshihisa Shimizu: guitars
    Kenichi Oguchi: keyboards
    Kenichi Mitsuda: keyboards
    Shunji Saegusa: bass
    Keisuke Komori: drums

Guests :
    Keiko Kawashima: cante flamenco y palmas (2003)
    Haruhiko “HARUKICHI” Yamamoto: drums (2011)
    Miwako Handa: vocal (2014)

Based on having seen three of the four DVDs so far, I can also say that Shimizu-san also plays flute (and keys on at least one bonus segment).

Even though the main lineup is essentially the same (with the exception of Yamamoto-san covering drums on an excellent segment that revisits a bit of the great earlier repertoire), each show/feature seems different enough to be of interest in its own right--at least in my view. I hope this helps.

Thanks and take care,

Alan

Hi again,

I finished my first pass at watching the entire box set and it is indeed quite spectacular all the way through. It's really like having over six hours of great new performance footage that equals the quality of the band's Live in USA NEARfest DVD--all with great sound quality and Nolo-san's excellent video editing as well. (He's got a great sense of showing just about every part of the performance that you'd want to see based on what's happening with the music.) Most of the concert footage seems to have been mixed from multitrack sources and is pretty much studio quality too, but the rest of the main program audio also sounds quite good as well.

For the sake of clarity, I did want to point out that, while I already mentioned that the "Echi dal Foro Romano" performance at NEARfest (2005) appeared on Live in USA in the same form, the fairly short opening "Prologue" section is taken from some of the same raw source content that was used for the band's AYR DVD--but completely remixed and with brand new video editing as well. Aside from that, however all other content has never been released before.

Lastly (for now), the 40th anniversary concert that comprises the entire main program of the fourth DVD is particularly special, with some amazing vocal performances by esteemed opera singer Miwako Handa.

All the best,

Alan

Thanks for the update Alan.

I suppose there's no 5.1 mix available. Not that I mind that much; a lot of 5.1 mixes of live concerts only have the audience and the echo of the instruments in the back-speakers, like the new Jeff Beck.

The new KENSO 4 DVD box "TRAVELLER OF ETERNITY-OUR DECADE 2004-2014 will be released as a limited edition of 800 in Japan on December 1st.
    Mike Kermisch from Audiophile Imports will be importing the set with a selling price of $200 + shipping. Audiophile will ship both domestic & international orders.
    The set is in the NTSC format/region all with a running time of 7 hours.
    To order, please call (443) 844-5020 & leave message or you can email Mike (Mr. Fusion) @ mrfusion123@verizon.net
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

^^^^^

Excellent, thanks very much for the info.

Thanks, Ed.

Real nice package. Wish it had a protective sleeve to protect the nice packaging.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!