Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 352

Thread: Frankensnow!

  1. #326
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,403
    The water was up to my man-chin!
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  2. #327
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,299
    Polish controlled Satellites are slowly throwing thermometers off all over the world. It's still 80 degrees in summer even though the thermometers are reading 107 degrees.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  3. #328
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,403
    Hey mods, maybe change the name of this thread to "Weather Anomalies" or "Climate Change." But there are a crap ton of major storms, earthquakes, and floods happening all over right now (well, the earthquakes finished happening). A lot of it seems to be getting overlooked because of other major news, but it's kind of crazy, don't you think?
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  4. #329
    The eons are closing
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Polish controlled Satellites are slowly throwing thermometers off all over the world. It's still 80 degrees in summer even though the thermometers are reading 107 degrees. [emoji38]
    My family is from Galicia Spain - and in the 70s - my abuela, who had been born in late 1890s, and lived on the farm she was born on - told me that she believed that the Americans were firing lasers at the sky in Alaska - and that is why the weather had changed so much in her lifetime in that one spot in rural Spain.

    She was probably right

    ------------

    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

  5. #330
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,728
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    My family is from Galicia Spain - and in the 70s - my abuela, who had been born in late 1890s, and lived on the farm she was born on - told me that she believed that the Americans were firing lasers at the sky in Alaska - and that is why the weather had changed so much in her lifetime in that one spot in rural Spain.

    She was probably right

    ------------
    She's a couple decades too early for the whole H.A.A.R.P. thing, but she may have been on to something.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  6. #331
    Man of repute progmatist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey mods, maybe change the name of this thread to "Weather Anomalies" or "Climate Change." But there are a crap ton of major storms, earthquakes, and floods happening all over right now (well, the earthquakes finished happening). A lot of it seems to be getting overlooked because of other major news, but it's kind of crazy, don't you think?
    What once were weather anomalies are now just weather.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

  7. #332
    Member IMWeasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    What once were weather anomalies are now just weather.
    Here in the central valley of California, we had temps upwards of 116 at my house the week after labor day -- now for the last few days, its been mild and rainy (which is unusual for september), but it'll be back up to 90+ by the weekend.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

  8. #333
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    7,169
    ^ Yuck.

    Highs in the low 70s and upper 60s finally moving in here in the Hudson Valley....its been a long time coming! Happy Autumn folks (well, at 12 AM tonight I guess...)

  9. #334
    Man of repute progmatist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Here in the central valley of California, we had temps upwards of 116 at my house the week after labor day -- now for the last few days, its been mild and rainy (which is unusual for september), but it'll be back up to 90+ by the weekend.
    I was stationed at Naval Air Station Lemoore in the Navy. Smack dab in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley. I'm intimately familiar with the weather in your neck of the woods. While I was there, 106 was considered exceedingly hot.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

  10. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey mods, maybe change the name of this thread to "Weather Anomalies" or "Climate Change." But there are a crap ton of major storms, earthquakes, and floods happening all over right now (well, the earthquakes finished happening). A lot of it seems to be getting overlooked because of other major news, but it's kind of crazy, don't you think?
    "Climate Change"???!!! We don't want to go political, now, do we???!!! </s>
    "Don't look here. The joke's in your hand."

    - Public Restroom Wall

  11. #336
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,403
    ^ Never. But this is the Frankensnow thread, Your Place on the Internet for Frank Talk About Extreme Weather (TM)

    What I meant was that the last week or so seemed unusual even for these times - the number of major storms and flooding events that were happening, had very recently happened, or were about to happen. Plus a couple of strong though not very deadly earthquakes. I was kind of waiting for frogs to start falling from the sky or something.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 5 Days Ago at 09:47 AM.
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  12. #337
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Never. But this is the Frankensnow thread, Your Place on the Internet for Frank Talk About Extreme Weather (TM)

    What I meant was that the last week or so seemed unusual even for these times - the number of major storms and flooding events that were happening, had very recently happened, or were about to happen. Plus a couple of strong though not very deadly earthquakes. I was kind of waiting for frogs to start falling from the sky or something.
    Just saw an article for Seattle. Hottest Summer since the 1890's and the dryest since 1930. I seem to recall the last rainfall was the last week of June.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  13. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Never. But this is the Frankensnow thread, Your Place on the Internet for Frank Talk About Extreme Weather (TM)

    What I meant was that the last week or so seemed unusual even for these times - the number of major storms and flooding events that were happening, had very recently happened, or were about to happen. Plus a couple of strong though not very deadly earthquakes. I was kind of waiting for frogs to start falling from the sky or something.
    I totally agree and was, of course, being snide.
    "Don't look here. The joke's in your hand."

    - Public Restroom Wall

  14. #339
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18,191
    One of my staff's power is out in Halifax. There is a forecast for extensive damage.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  15. #340
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    6,482
    We're in the cone of concern for Hurricane Hermine (I think). I'm not gonna sweat it. Looks like it's gonna slice through west coast and Central Florida. They have it as Cat 3. That's a strong hurricane. I don't wanna deal with a Tropical Storm.

  16. #341
    Man of repute progmatist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    3,105
    A hurricane hitting eastern Canada, and a typhoon hitting Alaska. Nothing unusual about that.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

  17. #342
    Member ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,537
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    One of my staff's power is out in Halifax. There is a forecast for extensive damage.
    I hope your staff member is safe. It sounds like most of the province is without power. Some houses in Newfoundland have been washed out to sea.

  18. #343
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    6,482
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I hope your staff member is safe. It sounds like most of the province is without power. Some houses in Newfoundland have been washed out to sea.
    Sorry to hear that.

  19. #344
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,403
    "Tropical Storm Ian Could Hit Florida as a Major Hurricane"

    Ian, what the heck are you doing down south?!
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

  20. #345
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    6,482
    Looks like we're out of the cone. Whew!. For now.

  21. #346
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18,191
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I hope your staff member is safe. It sounds like most of the province is without power. Some houses in Newfoundland have been washed out to sea.
    Thanks. I'm going to email her on Sunday - if they have power it will work.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  22. #347
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Looks like we're out of the cone. Whew!. For now.
    Good to hear!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  23. #348
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    10,998
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    "Tropical Storm Ian Could Hit Florida as a Major Hurricane"

    Ian, what the heck are you doing down south?!
    I could let Ian answer, but...Dissonance and brass/woodwinds. They call it a hurricane these days.

  24. #349
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    8,823
    My middle name is Tempest, seriously
    Ian

    Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  25. #350
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greater New York Area
    Posts
    14,403
    ^ Your parents knew what to expect!
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •