Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Frankensnow!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Installing the wires to best effect is crucial. Also it might be that in some situations nothing will do the trick especially in extreme conditions. Also theres a bunch of different options on the wires themselves with a wide range of costs. Maybe you get what you pay for.
    True, proper installation is key. You can't just drop a wire in a gutter. It's also very important to know when to keep it on and off. ONLY during melting conditions between temps of 15-35 degrees should it be turned on. Not exactly sure of the science behind that, but it can have a reverse effect.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

EFF YOU ice dams!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    In Orlando for a few days vacation, I am not going to complain about the heat.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

And so it ends, almost 6 weeks to the day that that Punk Phil saw his shadow and went running back inside. Temps near 60 today. But wait, what? ....
    http://www.weather.com/news/weather/...-for-northeast
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

3-6" tomorrow. First day of spring.
    Pppfffttt.......
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Been pretty mild around here. Sunny afternoons, temps on the plus side... the only snow that's left is in filthy little piles (which used to be huge piles). Feels reasonably spring-like.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

We've had some warmer temps here in Toronto too. It's supposed to hit 8C today (0 is freezing). The snow here is almost gone, you can see grassy patches on our lawn! A few more days like today and we'll be snow free.

However, it's a completely different story in other parts of Canada. Eastern Canada was hit with another storm this week. This photo was sent to me by one of our sales reps who lives in Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island.

Snow on PEI 2015.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    This photo was sent to me by one of our sales reps who lives in Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island.

Snow on PEI 2015.jpg
    That's incredible! Looks a bit like my driveway a month ago. Boston broke its record for the snowiest winter ever a few days ago (and most of that occurred within a month) and now we're supposed to get some more tonight. Come on, enough's enough.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    That's incredible! Looks a bit like my driveway a month ago. Boston broke its record for the snowiest winter ever a few days ago (and most of that occurred within a month) and now we're supposed to get some more tonight. Come on, enough's enough.
    PEI, where that picture was taken, broke the record this week too. I feel for you guys. We had record breaking cold weather here in February, it was the coldest February in history, but we didn't get too many snow storms. I can handle the cold. I fucking hate snow!

Too funny. My first thought when seeing that photo was "That's my driveway."

And there's more on the way. Must... stay... away... from... sharp... objects...
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I fucking hate snow!
    I was OK until I had leaks in 6 rooms and then my gutters got ripped down.

I feel your collective pain.

Madison has escaped a whole lot of white shit this winter. Today it was 63 & sunny. Am I really in Wisconsin?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

7 inches yesterday. Im thinking there might be one more big one in the wings.

Yep, that's snow coming down again....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Expecting 5-6 inches tonight! (I know, that's what she said.) Too bad there's no school to cancel!

Hope I don't have trouble getting to the Steve Hackett show tomorrow night. They'll have had all day to clear the roads so it should be ok. (Oh, yeah, it's supposed to be sunny and 45 tomorrow, so that's good.)

Where I live people are losing it. Kids haven’t been able to walk to/from school because of some rabid coyote attacks, schools were closed yesterday because after Friday’s storm there are still power lines and trees down, and tonight we have another Nor’easter coming in with a ton of snow predicted so probably schools will be closed tomorrow. And another storm is possible over the weekend.

We enjoy it though because we think snow days are fun!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 03-06-2018 at 12:58 PM.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Hoping my flight back into Boston tonight is ok.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Second day in a row of no school here. The travel ban finally got lifted but the digging out is going to be a lot of work. And underneath all the snow this blizzard whipped up is a thick layer of ice. Yep, driving is going to be hell until it thaws.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Hoping my flight back into Boston tonight is ok.
    Here it looks like the snow doesn’t really start till the morning.

Except for the cold, this winter in Boston hasn't been too bad. This month of March, though, is turning out to be a real bear. Nor'easter 1 this past Friday into Saturday, now nor'easter 2 tomorrow into Thursday, with many inches of snow predicted.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

We're due to get 6-16 inches (gee, don't go out on a limb there, meteorologists ) starting tonight all through tomorrow.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    March, though, is turning out to be a real bear.

48 and sunny here in Seattle today. Forecast says maybe 60 on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    48 and sunny here in Seattle today. Forecast says maybe 60 on Sunday.
    I know! Did you see the mountains today??? Freaking incredible.