Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Frankensnow!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    We dropped about 13 degrees in about ten minutes. It's 72 right now in Western PA. That's a 20-plus drop from the same time yesterday.
    We dropped in temperature, but the humidity stayed, and may have even increased. We're expecting storms today. Hopefully that humidity will break.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    We dropped in temperature, but the humidity stayed, and may have even increased. We're expecting storms today. Hopefully that humidity will break.
    We just had a major downpour and I am now draining water from my overflowing pool.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Summer sucks. My least fav season by far.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    If you lived here, it would definitely be winter!! Beautiful weather on Canada Day today!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Same here. I loathe heat and humidity, and bright sun at 9:00 at night. Give me fall all year long.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Despite the last five days, we had spectacular weather for the two weeks prior.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Same here. I loathe heat and humidity, and bright sun at 9:00 at night. Give me fall all year long.
    I like low-humidity warmth, and sunlight as late as possible. It's so depressing when the sun goes down before 5:00.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm with you on the heat and humidity, but suffer from S.A.D. so I cherish every moment of sunlight throughout the summer.

Yeah, I'm in the minority on the long days. I don't like darkness at 5:00 pm either, mind you.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

And so it begins.....News reported that fire smoke will begin to appear this afternoon and get more intense over the weekend here in Washington State. The fires are in British Columbia.

There are currently 3 wildfires at Mt. Shasta (Northern California)

So, wind from the North = BC Fires Wind from the South = California Fires
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

^^ A couple of weeks ago, we had an orange cast caused by smoke, from wildfires encircling the Phoenix area. It remained in high levels of the atmosphere, so it didn't really effect our air quality.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

68 degrees just north of Pittsburgh right now.

95F down here, and a tropical storm a brewin.'

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    ^^ A couple of weeks ago, we had an orange cast caused by smoke, from wildfires encircling the Phoenix area. It remained in high levels of the atmosphere, so it didn't really effect our air quality.
    You are lucky then. It's getting down to the 60's here at night so the smoke drops over the evening. I posted this last fall.....but the smoke seeped into my home and set off the monitored fire / burglar alarm at 2:30AM......NOT a great way to wake up!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    66 degrees here now, and rain with flash flood warnings!

Well, almost 50 centimeters of snow in Ottawa today! It only took me 20 minutes to clear the driveway thanks for my trusty snowblower. This is a record snowfall for Ottawa.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Well, almost 50 centimeters of snow in Ottawa today! It only took me 20 minutes to clear the driveway thanks for my trusty snowblower. This is a record snowfall for Ottawa.
    We had 42 cm here. I think the unusually warm Great Lakes contributed to some heavier snow too. I imagine Buffalo got hit pretty hard, the whole Niagara region got pounded (in the 50+ range).

There was a severe thunderstorm yesterday in NYC....in mid January. Yes, climate change is a hoax.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There was a severe thunderstorm yesterday in NYC....in mid January. Yes, climate change is a hoax.
    It wasn't severe in the city, was it? I live just bit north of the city and we had a tiny bit of snow over night, followed by a warm day with lots of rain. It never got severe here, unless there was some bad ice in the morning for a little while. Still, the whole system was probably severe overall and I don't deny it's further evidence of climate change. I hope no PE'ers further south got clobbered - that's where lots of people lost electricity, and possibly had some ice storms.

Tomorrow, plus 3 Celsius (38 F) and back to the deep freeze with more snow in the forecast.

Yeah, we're looking at 40 F tomorrow after eight inches of snow yesterday. Then after that, down to 0 F. Should make for a nice frozen winter wonderland.

It's so nice to work out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Tomorrow, plus 3 Celsius (38 F) and back to the deep freeze with more snow in the forecast.
    Yeah, +3 here tomorrow too, with 'mixed precipitation' (i.e. a huge mess) and then back to -11 on Thursday. Guess I'm getting out my skates.

I think we got about 18" yesterday. It's hard to be accurate with all the drifting. I've attached a photo of our cars, one totally buried, the other almost buried. So far we've only been able to dig out the blue one. There is so much snow between the fence and car that we'll need to get in from the passenger side to move it. My husband is going to try to dig the other one out tonight before tomorrow's rain and refreeze turns it all to ice.

cars.jpg

When I woke up yesterday morning, it was snowing so hard that I couldn't see the houses across the street from us. Some poor soul decided it was a good idea to go cross country skiing on our street. They were trying to go uphill against the wind - two steps forward, one step back.

Yes, climate change is a hoax.

Yeah, +3 here tomorrow too, with 'mixed precipitation' (i.e. a huge mess) and then back to -11 on Thursday. Guess I'm getting out my skates.
    Getting on your skates is the best solution. You can sit back and cry or get out there an actually enjoy the winter.