Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geddy Lee on Dan Rather's "The Big Interview"

My apologies to the OP.

Guys, stay on topic and show some respect for the OP and PE or I will close this thread. Don't feed the trolls. Yamishogun, not very intelligent. I'm putting you in the penalty box for 7 days. Next time, permanent.

Again apologies to the OP and thanks for letting us know this was on AXS. I will watch.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

What's interesting about it is despite Geddy saying he'd eventually have to "feed the beast," he didn't seem particularly keen on getting back into the studio. Maybe it's because Dan Rather framed "when will you tour again" mostly as "when will you and RUSH tour again," and Geddy didn't want to be construed as speaking for Alex or Neil, especially since Neil is pretty firm about not touring again. Thus he said it was "highly unlikely" that Rush would tour again, but at the same time he didn't want to say "but if they don't, maybe I'll go solo." My feeling is still that, if he wants to make music again, he'll do it on his own with maybe a little assistance from Alex. At this stage he could call up any musician he wants to work with him.

And, uh, wow, is that a lot of baseballs. If he enjoys them, more power to him, but it shows how little of the collector mentality I have when I think, "There are probably over a hundred nearly-identical spherical objects in there in glass cases."
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    What's interesting about it is despite Geddy saying he'd eventually have to "feed the beast," he didn't seem particularly keen on getting back into the studio. Maybe it's because Dan Rather framed "when will you tour again" mostly as "when will you and RUSH tour again," and Geddy didn't want to be construed as speaking for Alex or Neil, especially since Neil is pretty firm about not touring again. Thus he said it was "highly unlikely" that Rush would tour again, but at the same time he didn't want to say "but if they don't, maybe I'll go solo." My feeling is still that, if he wants to make music again, he'll do it on his own with maybe a little assistance from Alex. At this stage he could call up any musician he wants to work with him.
    I'm sure he's already done it. Whether he's ready to get something ready to release and deal with consequences of that is really what he's probably dealing with.