Thread: Dennis Dunaway book

Dennis Dunaway book

Just finished reading Dennis' book.. Being that I was a Alice Cooper fan as a teenager (and I still spin the classic 5 on occasion) there was not really any new ground explored that I hadn't read or heard about before.. but he does give you a birds eye view of the whole LA scene in their early days.. much the same way Pamela DesBarres gives you in her book. At the time of the transition of Alice moving onto a solo artist I never knew the specifics.. Dennis still holds onto some of the frustration of that period.. and if he's to be believed you kinda wanted Alice to have at least sat with the band and discussed the split.. I've read accounts from Alice where he says they did sit and discuss.. who knows the truth.. Obviously the induction to Hall of Fame brought everything full circle.

Agree, great book. I have also read both of Alice's Books. Shep Gordon's book and Dick Wagner's book. They all tell different versions of the break up from their own perspectives. They do seem to have mended a lot of fences over the years though.