Thread: Yes - Long Distance Runaround(Live) Yessongs....

Yes - Long Distance Runaround(Live) Yessongs....

Ok...I admit.....This Live version just knocked my socks off...Squire is just off the charts on this tune. Maybe its me but the bass improv has some snippets of "'Into the lens"
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post

Ok...I admit.....This Live version just knocked my socks off...Squire is just off the charts on this tune. Maybe its me but the bass improv has some snippets of "'Into the lens"
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THanks for posting. We need more Yes threads, especially on things from 40 years ago! BTW, I've always wonder who the guy was who coughed at 8:13 and if he is still alive. That cough has become part of the song.

Yeah, I always preferred the live version to the studio. But it drives me crazy that I never caught the cadenza at the end of Long Distance Runaround and the harmonics that follow were played on guitar. I remember listening to the album trying to figure out how Squire played the harmonics and the melody line on top at the same time. Then I read where Howe mentioned that on one of his first tours with Yes, he and Squire would do a bass duo, and I thought, "Ah HA! He must be talking about The Fish". It wasn't until I finally got to see the band in 97 that I found it's Howe playing the damn harmonics and cadenza! D'OH!!!!