Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Weather Report box set

I think Weather Report's first gigs were from a 1971 tour in Europe with Alphonse Mouzon and Don Um Romao, with a few FM broadcasts available. After that first tour Eric Gravatt replaced Mouzon and I've heard a recording with Gravatt speaking to the audience as Dana5140 mentioned.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Only a few people got to see the original line-up, which was with Alphonse Mouzon on drums rather than Gravatt, but that's close enough. Actually it's not even clear what the original line-up really was, since Airto Moreira was nominally the percussionist on the first album but didn't actually play much on it at all, it would appear (Barbara Burton and Don Alias did most of the actual playing, but their names were taken off the credits by Zawinul) and I'm not sure Moreira even played live with them at all, as he chose to remain with Miles.
    The weatherreportdiscography.org site has a 1970 Downbeat blurb that mentions Mouzon and trumpeter David Lee as participants prior to the group having a name or doing any recording.

Just got notice from Amazon that my order which I had placed weeks ago was now cancelled because the box was “unavailable “.

The link to the side shows it’s available but now for $140.

Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    Just got notice from Amazon that my order which I had placed weeks ago was now cancelled because the box was “unavailable “.

Assholes.
    Ultra-lame, Mr Bezos.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Ultra-lame, Mr Bezos.
    Clearly in dire need of financing for his planned 12th winter home in the South Pacific .

Assholes.
    My order went from "This title will be released on November 3, 2017" with a price guarantee to "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Assholes.
    How much was it when you pre-ordered?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    How much was it when you pre-ordered?
    It's still listed as $89.99 in my in-limbo order.

Maybe Amazon did not receive the "promo" copies they expected, or not enough to fulfill the existing orders. They're not above selling promos (I've gotten several).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Assholes.
    That's the classic Amazon "red-hot poker up the ass." It happened to me at least once.

Someone on this side of the pond reports actually getting the set:
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...#post-17500350

Mine has actually shipped. ~Woo~ No more red hot poker.

I never had that problem with Amazon, but then I usually don't do pre-orders. I've had it happen a lot with both Import CD's and Deep Discount. You order something, then wait a month or two, and then they cancel the order because "it can't be filled" or whatever. Why do you have something listed on your website if you can't actually fill the order?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankh View Post
    I saw them at this time, pre Heavy Weather. Tried confirming the date online but results confuse me. Don't want Chris / GuitarGeek coming at me wielding dates, again...

Later that same year, they're playing an all day free benefit show at nearby SPAC. Up I go. Tom Rush was just ending. Weather Report were next, to be followed by Blue Oyster Cult, then David Bromberg to conclude.

Cult were good, they played Godzilla I distinctly remember, as was David B.
    (this is where and why I fear getting gigged on by Chris...the timeline muddies over so many years)
    Damn, that sounds like that would have been a great bill. If they were doing Godzilla, I would guess that might have been no earlier than 77. Spectres (the album that opens with Godzilla) came out in November of that, but I'm not actually sure when I started playing Godzilla. I have a couple bootlegs from '76 and it doesn't appear there, but they could have introduced earlier in 77, and had been playing it for months before the album came out.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I never had that problem with Amazon, but then I usually don't do pre-orders. I've had it happen a lot with both Import CD's and Deep Discount. You order something, then wait a month or two, and then they cancel the order because "it can't be filled" or whatever. Why do you have something listed on your website if you can't actually fill the order?!
    I dunno; I'm still waiting on the Steven Wilson To The Bone bluray that I ordered in August.

Disclaimer: I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I thought that the CDs in the new box sounded different from the ones I already owned, so I took a look at the waveforms from one of the tracks. This is Mr. Gone's The Elders, original Columbia CD (top), Complete Studio and Live version (bottom).