Thread: STRAWBS full electric band with Iona's Dave Bainbridge! UPDATED USA tour schedule

STRAWBS full electric band with Iona's Dave Bainbridge! UPDATED USA tour schedule

A few changes since last time I posted in this forum....here's the updated Strawbs tour schedule, and for those of you who didn't know, in addition to the four stalwart Strawbs members from the 70s, Dave Bainbridge of Iona is the current keyboardist!

Fri 10 Nov, Sellersville Theatre, Sellersville PA (two shows)
    Sun 12 Nov, BB Kings, New York NY
    Tue 14 Nov, Music Box, Cleveland OH
    Wed 15 Nov, Lovin' Cup, Rochester, NY
    NEW - Fri 17 Nov, Centre for the Arts, Homer NY
    NEW - Sun 19 Nov, TBA ?Long Island?
    NEW - Mon 20 Nov, Jammin Java, Vienna VA
    NEW - Tue 21 Nov, Tin Pan, Richmond, VA
    Fri 24 Nov, The Strand, Lakewood NJ
    Sun 26 Nov, Towne Crier, Beacon NY

No chicago
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

No Iron Horse in Northampton, MA :-(

Going to see them at the Loving Cup in Rochester. Saw them there a couple years back...truly a memorable show, just fucking fantastic!!

I will see you there....just got my copy of the new CD and we are in for a real treat. Oh and if you haven't heard Dave Bainbridge yet....he is just magical!

Please share with anyone you think would be interested!

Strawbs2017resized.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by greeneking View Post
    I will see you there....just got my copy of the new CD and we are in for a real treat. Oh and if you haven't heard Dave Bainbridge yet....he is just magical!
    Right on! Haven't heard the new album, will pick one up at the show for sure! Really looking forward to this!
    The venue is GREAT... just a medium sized restaurant/bar, with a great vibe, great seating, great food... a most unlikely place for a rock concert...but it works big time.
    I'll be the tall goofy looking Italian with a Magma t-shirt.

I'll be the middle-aged woman....well actually only middle-aged if I plan to live to 110...propping up the bar, wearing glasses and some sort of Strawbs garment. I just sent you a message, check your inbox!

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    No Iron Horse in Northampton, MA :-(
    No Mass. at all. Boo-hoo. Saw them last year at ROSFest and they were fan-fargin'-tastic.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I missed ROSfest but I did see the Iron Horse show! First time there, though I've been hearing about the place for ages....all the good bands pass through!

I wonder if they will have the new cd available at the shows. It says the release date is Dec. 10 in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I wonder if they will have the new cd available at the shows. It says the release date is Dec. 10 in the USA.
    Supposedly, yes

It sounded really really good on first listen

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, I'm seeing KC the night before, so no chance of catching this too - and I've never seen Strawbs!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, I'm seeing KC the night before, so no chance of catching this too - and I've never seen Strawbs!
    Stawbs are very worth the ticket. They always put on a great show.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Stawbs are very worth the ticket. They always put on a great show.
    It's not the cost, it's going into NYC on my own two nights in a row - hard to pull off with the family both Saturday and Sunday night.

That release date is for Amazon I think....anyway their agent just posted this on the Strawbs Facebook page....he says that the CDs are arrived in the USA and ready for the tour.

NewCDs.jpg

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The Strawbs absolutlely killed it when they played at FMPM in Montreal seven years ago. I'd go in a flash if they were nearby.

I was there....they were brilliant. I recall the headliner was called something like Sammla Mamis Manna and my friend kept referring the them as "The Salami Mamas".

Still, you really should see this lineup! I see you are in Ottawa, I do know of at least one person who is travelling from Ottawa to Rochester for the Strawbs gig!
    They will probably tour Canada around this time next year, but not sure if it would be electric or acoustic.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneking View Post
    I was there....they were brilliant. I recall the headliner was called something like Sammla Mamis Manna and my friend kept referring the them as "The Salami Mamas".

Still, you really should see this lineup! I see you are in Ottawa, I do know of at least one person who is travelling from Ottawa to Rochester for the Strawbs gig!
    They will probably tour Canada around this time next year, but not sure if it would be electric or acoustic.
    I agree! A very memorable concert. If they tour Canada, I'd make an effort to attend.

Here's a sample from the new CD...someone's uploaded a few tracks to YouTube, but unfortunately they didn't choose the song that seems to be everyone's favorite, "We Have The Power"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkjczhc1UQ