Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Files 2018 teaser

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar

X-Files 2018 teaser

Here's the teaser for the upcoming reboot 2 of The X-Files. I was disappointed with the 6 episode reboot 1. It started off reasonably well, then fell off the bus. This teaser is promising but....the jury is out there!

If the season is as mythology-heavy as the trailer suggests, I'm all in. Much as I love many of the creature-of-the-week episodes, with Mulder, Scully, and Skinner all involved I'm happy to see them explore the big questions; not sure how much longer they'll be able to gather all the mains on the same set...
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

It does indeed look promising. I'm hoping it delivers.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Was last year's 6-episode run a reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Was last year's 6-episode run a reboot?
    Nope, they pick up the story line left after the last movie. And tried to introduce younger versions of Mulder and Scully, which really truly sucked.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Sorry, I misused the "reboot" term. Do'h! The short 6 ep season last year was OK at times, but it was a missed opportunity AFAIC. Hopefully the show redeems itself with the 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Nope, they pick up the story line left after the last movie. And tried to introduce younger versions of Mulder and Scully, which really truly sucked.
    I thought that whole thing was tongue-in-cheek, no?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I thought that whole thing was tongue-in-cheek, no?
    Rumor had it the network wanted to integrate a younger and "cheaper" set of protagonists to continue the series. Gillian and David pull down hefty wages for doing this. Typical network bullshit.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

That would be stupid. Especially the way they went about it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The addition of Einstein and Miller was pretty tongue-in-cheek, IMO (just look at the names: Scully/Einstein and Mulder/Miller), but I think it was also effective as a mirror in which one can see the distances both Scully and Mulder have traveled during the run of the series.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    In one article I ran across, Chris Carter said something about how he (and Lance Henriksen) would like to also do something more with Millennium.

That would be pretty cool; I liked that more than X-Files, but Henriksen is pushing 80.

You know what this new season needs? A reanimated Lone Gunmen!

Didn't Cigarette Man die in the finale of the originals series? He's in this new series as well, right? What did I miss?

There was some hand-waving about him surviving the explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    You know what this new season needs? A reanimated Lone Gunmen!
    You'll be happy, then

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    I was disappointed with the 6 episode reboot 1.
    Yeah, they played it for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Much as I love many of the creature-of-the-week episodes, with Mulder, Scully, and Skinner all involved I'm happy to see them explore the big questions.
    +1
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

*** BUMP ***

- TONIGHT -
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anderson says this season is it for her. I wonder if they'll kill her off. They better not use this season as an excuse to bring back Baby Mulder and Baby Scully - they pretty much sucked.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...8506309741.jpg

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Maybe if Anderson and Duchovny quit they can have Agents Roseanne and Goodman.

I caught the show last night. I missed season 10 (Just wasn't interested at the time). What's this business about Scully and Mulder having a son?

Yeah, that was something that did happen but this whole revision that Cigarette Smoking Man is daddy is some new shit. What's more ridiculous is that the end of last season - an episode that was savaged by the critics and fans - is now just a vision that Scully had. That smacks of desperation in the writer's room.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I thought the writing and acting started showing signs of fatigue in the 6th season, or maybe it was just me. I saw the first movie in the theater but then after that I kinda just stopped making the show a priority. After spending some time going back and touching base with some of the later episodes on Netflix I really don't believe I've missed anything. Even the Twilight Zone eventually petered out.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'll watch it because I'm a long time fan but the first episode wasn't very good and it has a feel of a dead man walking.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Forgot we had a thread. Anyway, the episode was meh. I understand it's going to pick up right away with this week's.