Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Files 2018 teaser

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    What's more ridiculous is that the end of last season - an episode that was savaged by the critics and fans - is now just a vision that Scully had. That smacks of desperation in the writer's room.
    I'll be honest though, I didn't mind this.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Anyone watching the show? Doesn't seem like there's much interest. Last night's episode was pretty good. You had to suspend your disbelief but it was kind of exciting.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Will watch it tonight, I watch very little mainstream television at the time of broadcast.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I've been DVRing. I'm an avid fan, but my GF has never really watched it, so I'll have to catch up when she's not around (or go to another room when she has to watch that new episode of Property Brothers ).
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

It wasn't too bad of an episode - some things with the plot you couldn't look too closely at but hey, there was Mulder and Scully banter aplenty, they kicked ass all over the place, and I love how they tied in the political atmosphere today with the plot.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Encouraging to read some positive comments on this latest iteration of the X-files. I'll be watching when this season is available in dvd format at our local library (later this year I suspect). We don't have cable and do all our tv viewing via library dvds. I'll look in this thread but won't read the posts too carefully for fear of spoilers.

That was a good episode last night but I couldn't help rolling my eyes a couple times and thinking...oh come on....lol

Not a spoiler but those scenes where Scully and Mulder are dodging bullets coming from every direction, and not getting a scratch made me think.....this is ridiculous.

However you color it, it was way better than last week's snoozer!

That was a funny episode last night. Not sure what the point was. Was it all a dream, some alternate universe? Well, the show knows how to make fun of itself. Pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    That was a funny episode last night. Not sure what the point was. Was it all a dream, some alternate universe? Well, the show knows how to make fun of itself. Pretty hilarious.
    Just this season's version of the one-off "humor" episodes they've done since season 2 and "Humbug". Strictly for fun, but some of those are really well-done. "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" from the third season is among my favorites in the entire run of the show. This week's episode stands up nicely with the best of those, IMO. And getting to hear Scully say "leprechaun taint" made my evening.
    Last edited by proggy_jazzer; 01-26-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Anyone notice the guy was wearing a Make America Great Again hat when he was hanging on top of the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Anyone notice the guy was wearing a Make America Great Again hat when he was hanging on top of the tower?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    If I skip the first pretty weak episode this new series has been very satisfying so far. I always liked the X-Files best when they did the one off weird investigations with a bit of humor rather than the over somber series long alien conspiracy stuff.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    If I skip the first pretty weak episode this new series has been very satisfying so far. I always liked the X-Files best when they did the one off weird investigations with a bit of humor rather than the over somber series long alien conspiracy stuff.
    Honestly, just the opposite for me.

I would prefer more mythology stuff but , I've still enjoyed this season thus far.

Fun episode last night but couldn't help rolling my eyes through most of it. It was entertaining. It was plausible, but way too exaggerated. Really, I was expecting it to be a dream sequence.

When Mulder finally did that spoiler thing to shut it all down, the one thing that I said "oh, that better not be the way to end all this", well that was when my wife almost threw her beverage at the TV.

I did not know personal massage devices were that small now and why would one leave it under the bed to collect dust bunnies and cooties?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I was reading the messages at AVclub about this episode. Everyone was raving about it. Best episode ever....lol. Again, it was a fun episode but just over the top absurd.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

When Mulder finally did that spoiler thing to shut it all down, the one thing that I said "oh, that better not be the way to end all this", well that was when my wife almost threw her beverage at the TV.
    Pretty much knew when he got the first reminder that's how all that "fun" would end. Otherwise Emilio Estevez was guest starring and a green cloud would be overhead again; an updated "Maximum Overdrive" if you will.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I did not know personal massage devices were that small now and why would one leave it under the bed to collect dust bunnies and cooties?
    I do wish the ending had a more big lights turn on/obvious social experiment thing, I was ok with the ending. I kinda like that someone out there would create AI that would get it's feelings hurt if you didn't give it recognition that it felt it deserved. I thought it was a nice wrinkle to the AI run amok trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Looks like if Jimmy Durante and Charlie Brown had a love child.......

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Why do you have to tip a machine?

Just caught up with the show on the DVR. Enjoyed the AI episode quite a lot, even if the ending was predictable. Great sfx and...drone wrangling? Is that a thing? Wasn't sure how to take the ending at first; it seemed the way the camera shot was composed that there was something in the background we were supposed to notice. The guy at the table next to the wall, maybe? Anyway, looks like the next episode will get back to the creepy/horror vibe, which is also fine with me. I'm looking forward to seeing how they wrap things up in the final two episodes as well.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Lackluster finale.

The finale kinda sucked. Is the smoking man dead? I doubt it. When William B. Davis dies then it'll end. Lol.