Thread: Sonus Umbra/Discipline CANADIAN TOUR!!

Sonus Umbra/Discipline CANADIAN TOUR!!

Well, here's one you don't see everyday. Sonus Umbra (Chicago) and Discipline (Detroit), are doing a short tour of Canada. Three stops, starting in Toronto on Friday, October 13th. Montreal on the 14th and Quebec City on the 15th! Here is the Toronto poster (with special guests Chromatica-featuring Ed Bernard of Druckfarben). Very rare to see these bands, especially when it isn't in festival mode. Hopefully, I'll see some fellow PE'ers at the Toronto show!

And there will also be some US dates, I believe....else, why would it be called a North American tour?

Sonus Toronto.jpg

neil

Cool, got my ticket for the 13th. Thanks for the heads-up

I would love to see Discipline live if they play the northeast USA. I'm not familiar with Sonus Umbra's music, though I've heard the name over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Land View Post
    I would love to see Discipline live if they play the northeast USA. I'm not familiar with Sonus Umbra's music, though I've heard the name over the years...
    what qualifies as NE USA? They just played NJ over the weekend. great show....

Very cool. I have not yet seen Discipline. Wish I could go to Toronto. Great city. Played Canadian Music Week a couple of times in another life (mid 90s). And Ed Bernard is a great talent. Check out his album Polydactyl.

Well, Discipline are playing Progtoberfest as well. And yes, Ed is a very talented individual, as are the other two members of Chromatica, Davin Gaudie and Mike Melo.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    what qualifies as NE USA? They just played NJ over the weekend. great show....
    Sorry, meant New England, Boston area preferably. Glad to hear that they played an east coast show!

I am really looking forward to this on Friday, in Toronto!

neil

Great show last night by three awesome bands. Discipline, Sonus Umbra and Chromatica were firing on all cylinders. Lots of energy from all the bands, and a good turnout (some people came a long way to see the show). Discipline and Sonus are in Montreal (tonight) and Quebec City (tomorrow). Go check them out, if you can!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Great show last night by three awesome bands. Discipline, Sonus Umbra and Chromatica were firing on all cylinders. Lots of energy from all the bands, and a good turnout (some people came a long way to see the show). Discipline and Sonus are in Montreal (tonight) and Quebec City (tomorrow). Go check them out, if you can!

neil
    I'll second that, and great sound too!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Wish I could have been there in Toronto, but I was in Winnipeg shaping federal government policy on Canada's Energy Future (I'm serious).
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Wish I could have been there in Toronto, but I was in Winnipeg shaping federal government policy on Canada's Energy Future (I'm serious).
    I wish you could have been there, too. And if that is what you are actually doing, that is one seriously large job, with a huge amount of work to be done! I don't envy you.

neil

Props Tony! I'm impressed, but don't expect me to genuflect or kiss your ring or bring you a first edition of The Origin of Species the next time I see you.

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Props Tony! I'm impressed, but don't expect me to genuflect or kiss your ring or bring you a first edition of The Origin of Species the next time I see you.

I already have a first edition of The Origin Of The Species. I keep it next to my wife's Bible.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau