Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers - Season 35

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    I think had Joe stayed and lasted a while, the season could get good. But these "characters" are just plain bland
    I had to return to this comment after seeing the final tribal council. Joe, calling out Ben for the social game that Ben had??? Pot meet kettle. Joe had a horrible social game. He was arrogant and hard-headed. Joe reminded me of idiot Tony:

https://www.truedorktimes.com/surviv...ny_vlachos.htm

Both arrogant pricks!

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    A really good finale, for a forgettable season.

Ben really got saved by the bell with that final twist. Gruno mentioned he was suspicious when Ben found the immunity clue for the idol under the shelter.
    Hey, that was SteveSly who said that.

I do believe the producers get involved and twist the contest around every day to best suit the cast.

Tribal councils... The tribal councils are very loaded with regard to the questions that Jeff Probst asks. Of course he knows the questions to ask based off of the daily reports and the other producers in his ear. Sure, he will act like he is hearing a lot of the info for the first time at TC, but he knows the answers. Just like it is no surprise how the votes are systematically pulled from the urn.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    OK Gruno, I give full credit to StevesSly for his eagle eyes on suspicious idol recovery.

The Survivor gods (Jeff) have spoken, and they love to allow the most mysterious secret advantage of all- making sure sentimental poll tested favorites get to stick around....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

OK Gruno, I give full credit to StevesSly for his eagle eyes on suspicious idol recovery.

The Survivor gods (Jeff) have spoken, and they love to allow the most mysterious secret advantage of all- making sure sentimental poll tested favorites get to stick around....
    Yup, I was the one who questioned the validity in the earlier post. I have honestly never had this impression before with Survivor (and I have watched every season), but this one did seem a bit fishy towards the end. I may be completely wrong of course......

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, I was the one who questioned the validity in the earlier post. I have honestly never had this impression before with Survivor (and I have watched every season), but this one did seem a bit fishy towards the end. I may be completely wrong of course......
    I've thought about producer involvement some years ago. Sometimes it is too evident.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar

I thought the idol was fine, but it's hard to think of this last twist as anything other than to save Ben's ass. It would have been better if the final twist was the winner got to choose someone to go to the finals with them and it was just a two person final instead of three.

I was rooting for Chrissy or Devon but can't be upset with Ben winning. He played well.

Any thoughts about the preview to next season? I thought it would be better to bring back the people that actually made the fuck ups to begin with (maybe on one team with the other team of newbies)...will be interesting to see how they tie in those past errors with new people who've never played the game.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Tribal councils... The tribal councils are very loaded with regard to the questions that Jeff Probst asks. Of course he knows the questions to ask based off of the daily reports and the other producers in his ear. Sure, he will act like he is hearing a lot of the info for the first time at TC, but he knows the answers. Just like it is no surprise how the votes are systematically pulled from the urn.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, it's obvious that Jeff knows exactly what's going on at camp. But I've heard that the TCs can take hours. We get to see a full show, with challenges, rewards, and time spent at camp in less time than is spent at each TC. The producers have a lot of material to edit the TC so that it slants a certain way and tells a certain story.

With respect to the fire building twist at the last TC, Jeff said that's how the game will go from now on. So was it created to give Ben a chance? Or was it always the plan to shake up the final three this way? This is a rhetorical question.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Maybe Devon should have kept practicing making fire, instead of going all zen?

And telling Crissy that what she won at final immunity was a "secret advantage" was a real cruel euphemism for "We Love Ben".
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

New season starts on Wednesday (Feb. 28). New thread is here, http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...-C-mon-in-guys!