Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belew (and others) playing Bowie in 2018

Space Cadet

Belew (and others) playing Bowie in 2018

https://www.axs.com/celebrating-davi...-from-b-123467

Also including Mike Garson and Gerry Leonard. I'm in!

Celebrating David Bowie 2018 Tour Dates
    Feb. 10 - Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore Silver Spring Sun
    Feb. 11 - Philadelphia, PA - Keswick Theatre
    Feb. 12 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
    Feb. 13 - Albany, NY - The Egg
    Feb. 16 - Boston, MA - Chevalier Theatre
    Feb. 17 - Montreal QC - M Telus
    Feb. 18 - Toronto, ON - Danforth Music Hall
    Feb. 19 - Detroit, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
    Feb. 21 - Minneapolis, MN - Pantages Theatre
    Feb. 22 - Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre
    Feb. 23 - Chicago, IL - The Vic Theatre
    Feb. 25 - Denver, CO - Paramount Theatre
    Feb. 27 - Las Vegas, NV - Brooklyn Bowl
    Feb. 28 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
    Mar. 3 - San Francisco, CA - Regency Ballroom
    Mar. 4 - Santa Rosa, CA - Luther Burbank Center
    Mar. 6 - San Diego, CA - Balboa Theatre
    Mar. 7 - Mesa, AZ - Ikeda Theater
    Mar. 10 - Seattle, WA - Benaroya Hall
    Mar. 11 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater

^^^^^^^^^

da Fillmore, Silver Spring! 3 blocks from wayside world hq....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^

da Fillmore, Silver Spring! 3 blocks from wayside world hq....
    Is the Fillmore seated??

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

what, no hologram!??
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

No Gizmodrome tour??

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Is the Fillmore seated??
    Nope!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    what, no hologram!??
    Ya beat me to it! Don't think I need to see this (of course if it was a few blocks away I would). Too close to the Steve Hackett show for me I think, I've enough concerts planned. Not sure I can handle Irving Plaza again either. BUT, I'm sure there could be some interesting artists planned. Laurie Anderson would be cool - I haven't looked at the link. David Byrne too.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Guitarist Andre Cholmondeley of Project Object and Adrian's sometime guitar tech had a Bowie tribute called the Wham Bam Bowie Band for a while, maybe still does. I wonder if he'll be participating.

anyone know any presale codes?

tia

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    Belew has stated that he will not be a part of this tour.
    Thats the Zappa Hologram tour

Arghh. You are correct. Sorry, I read one thing but thought the other.

Space Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    anyone know any presale codes?
    Try STARMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Toka View Post
    Try STARMAN.
    thanks!

that works...but only for the seats that TicketMaster has available.

For albany, TM and the Egg each sell tickets (disjoint union). Presale code for the egg is: FIRST

FWIW My wife and I are attending :
    NSO Pops: Seu Jorge presents The Life Aquatic: A Tribute to David Bowie
    Friday, September 29, 2017 8:00 PM
    NSO Pops
    In a concert inspired by his role in Wes Anderson’s 2004 film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Brazilian actor/musician Seu Jorge celebrates Bowie’s legendary catalog, elevating his gorgeous acoustic interpretations with the evocative power of the NSO.

If you have seen The Life Aquatic, you will 'get it' otherwise .... what the heck.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    FWIW My wife and I are attending :
    NSO Pops: Seu Jorge presents The Life Aquatic: A Tribute to David Bowie
    Friday, September 29, 2017 8:00 PM
    NSO Pops
    In a concert inspired by his role in Wes Anderson’s 2004 film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Brazilian actor/musician Seu Jorge celebrates Bowie’s legendary catalog, elevating his gorgeous acoustic interpretations with the evocative power of the NSO.

If you have seen The Life Aquatic, you will 'get it' otherwise .... what the heck.
    What, they are going to self-consciously go through the motions of playing Bowie, while making sure to demonstrate their insincerity with each line?
    ... “there’s a million ways to learn” (which there are, by the way), but ironically, there’s a million things to eat, I’m just not sure I want to eat them all. -- Jeff Berlin

I saw the NYC performance earlier this year, and it was fantastic.

Did anyone hear or see the Woody Woodmansey Holy Holy project ?

Some of it sounds great as well. They only have one London date and an Australian date this year though.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Apparently the promoter reserved the orchestra pit and the first 5 rows of the center section at Albany. And his prices are...

$200 for ONE SEAT ONLY in the front row of the Pit (includes a t-shirt). $155 for the rest of the Pit, OR the first five rows, center section.

Holy smokes, this is without David Bowie. I got $50 seats in the 5th and 6th row on the side

Update from Belew's Facebook page:

PLEASE NOTE: concerning the Celebrating David Bowie tour dates which were just announced: I am definitely doing the shows in the UK Europe and I'm very excited about it.
    however, Gizmodrome intends to be touring early next year as well and our rehearsals in Milan are now booked for February and early March. (can you imagine shuffling all these schedules? phew!)
    long story short this means I am unable to do the US part of the CDB tour. the CDB band is meant to be a "revolving" lineup with guest artists coming and going. I hope to be a guest artist for more of the shows later in the year as my schedule allows.
    It is sure to be a fabulous show in celebration of the entire span of Bowie's work, just as it was earlier this year. I look forward to being there as often as possible. I'm sorry it has taken this long for the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place, but that's how this business goes. ok?

https://www.facebook.com/AdrianBelew/

I was mildly intrigued with AB's involvement. Without him, not as much. But why is Carlos Alomar not part of this? Or get Reeves Gabrels. He could do everything justice.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Anyone see the Silver Springs, Philly or NYC shows? I have tix for The Egg tomorrow night. Features Bowie vets Mike Garson, Earl Slick, Gerry Leonard, Carmine Rojas. Singers are Grammy nominated Guatemalan Gaby Moreno, Rolling Stones backup Bernard Fowler, Angelo Moore of Fishbone and Corey Glover from Living Colour is also guesting.

Update: Great show, better than I was expecting for an almost cover band. No Angelo Moore at The Egg. Joe Sumner was added on vocals, guitar, and a ittle percussion, he looks a lot like his father Sting. Earl Slick was on stage about half the show. His son Lee Madeloni was on drums.

The 4 singers made for good variety, Bernard was excellent, as was Gaby, their duet on Wild is the Wind was one of the show highlights. Joe was also impressive. Corey only sang 3 songs, on the last of which he went out into the audience for a while, taking the mike and leaving Joe to do a double take before he found another mike at the start of the next song.

Mike Garson still plays a fine piano, he had an excellent solo after a trippy Aladdin Sane, quoting Rhapsody in Blue, Rachmaninoff and Imagine. The other kinda psychedelic songs Moonage Daydream, Space Oddity and Station to Station were also highlights, as was Gabys rendition of Five Years. Good decision to play a lot of deep cuts, not just all the hits.

Here's the Setlist
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Wah3; 02-14-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Yes I was at The Keswick Theater Sunday evening for the show. And a very good show it is. Bernard Fowler did most of the singing and he can really nail it. Gaby Moreno was very impressive for the songs that she did. I thought that Corey Glover was just "ok." My only complaint, entirely too loud. Over the top loud. Simply not necessary. Take your ear plugs. You will thank me later.

well glad I waited to buy tickets there is a BOGO offer in SF today. bummed no belew but will be excited to see the show. never got to see bowie but I will have seen this and holy holy so a good chunk of his bandmates doing bowie!

well very enjoyable show but far too focused on the early days. only 3 songs from after station to station (and 2 of those are extremely obvious ones of course). would probably only see again if they bring belew or dare I dream reeves gabrels.