Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Jimi Hendrix

First time I ever saw this was when a girl in my high school painted it for an art project.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Instances where Jimi Hendrix played bass:
    • "Slow Walkin' Talk" by Robert Wyatt
    • "Live and Let Live" by Timothy Leary

http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/JimionBass.html
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 09-18-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Yes in the UK the 'puppet cover' was the original, but got withdrawn. Band Of Gypsys was a contractual obligation of sorts, notice that in the US it was out on a different label.

Groundbreaking. Great songwriter besides being a unique guitarist. The astral cowboy. Thanks for letting us in for a short time, Jimi.

Neither...it was this one

bog.jpg
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Instances where Jimi Hendrix played bass:
    • "Slow Walkin' Talk" by Robert Wyatt
    • "Live and Let Live" by Timothy Leary

http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/JimionBass.html
    And on Electric Ladyland: "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)", "Long Hot Summer Night", "Gypsy Eyes", "1983", "House Burning Down", and "All Along the Watchtower".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    And on Electric Ladyland: "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)", "Long Hot Summer Night", "Gypsy Eyes", "1983", "House Burning Down", and "All Along the Watchtower".
    Yep, he also played bass during a performance in Paris in 1968 while Noel played lead on "Red House." Now, you may see an official or semi-official release that disputes that. But, I have the entire recording and Jimi introduces Noel on guitar. And Noel, as many of you likely know, was a very good guitarist.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Well, how about doing nothing? I'm sorry, I forgot, money is involved. Silly me.
    Well, some unfinished symphonies or other works were completed by others as well, like for instance Mozart's Requiem.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem_(Mozart)

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    . And Noel, as many of you likely know, was a very good guitarist.
    He was RECRUITED to play bass in JHE after many years as a lead guitarist. One imagines he was a bit muffed at the idea until seeing Jimi play for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    He was RECRUITED to play bass in JHE after many years as a lead guitarist. One imagines he was a bit muffed at the idea until seeing Jimi play for the first time.
    No need to imagine it. It was very well-known. He was very frustrated and led to him being squeezed out during the EL sessions. He was lucky, though, as he was a terrible songwriter.

^The only weak tracks on the Experience albums he's on are his songs!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    ^The only weak tracks on the Experience albums he's on are his songs!
    I have a release of his that came out a few years ago that included JHE outtakes and a song or two they never used. Wow, I can truly understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    he was a terrible songwriter.
    Oh some of the songs on "Fat Mattress" aren't bad. Of course he had co-writers, maybe that helped.

RIP I still feel the pain when I see the headline.

One of the saddest days in my life. I went into mourning and cried for 3 days. I was a huge fan, and was very fortunate to see The Experience in L.A., in April of 1969, when I was approaching 15 years old! . And I'm also very grateful to have the official release of the concert. His music touched me deeply, and he truly was a Voodoo Child, a magic boy. Not only was he a huge impact in the world of music, he influenced the way I listened to music from that day forward, similar as to what happened when I heard the first King Crimson album. He will stand tall forever as a musical giant, and will always have the status of joining other musical greats at the Mt. Rushmore of music.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.