Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 90125 Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by ampevents View Post
    Good job at being a dick 80s. You can take your dumb ass comments to a different thread.
    Corrected for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNY Mark View Post
    Could very well be. Is that a Led Zeppelin album? I've never been a fan of that group, so I haven't paid attention to discussions about their vinyl pressings. The only Columbia House pressing I own is a Crowded House Temple of Low Men--it sounds fine, but a bit bright. I have no idea if the standard pressing is better or not.
    Yes, a Led Zeppelin album. My memory could be wrong but I seem to recall reading in a thread about Record Club pressings that it sounded good.

Anyway ... I can't say I have really had many and I have no opinion on Record Club pressings. Unlike CDs, where people caring about whether something is a Club pressing or not makes zero sense to me, I guess I can understand the stigma.

meimjustalawnmower
    Good job at being a dick 80s. You can take your smart ass comments to a different thread.
    As if he needs to be told.

Sometimes, it's hard to get around the Columbia House pressings. Eric Clapton's 24 Nights was only available on vinyl through Columbia House. Warner Bros. declined to release a vinyl version.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    Sometimes, it's hard to get around the Columbia House pressings. Eric Clapton's 24 Nights was only available on vinyl through Columbia House. Warner Bros. declined to release a vinyl version.

Bill
    Domestically, maybe. I'm pretty sure there were German pressings.

Seriously though, my turntable automatically detects what size/weight the record is then determines the speed for me.
    Really? That must be a pain in the neck when playing 12" 45rpm records. (Or 7" 33rpm records, though those are less common.)

I can also adjust myself.
    A useful talent to have!

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    a regular Kojak.
    Kojak off somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    Domestically, maybe. I'm pretty sure there were German pressings.
    You know, you could be right about that! I have several German pressing of Clapton LP's so there very well could have been one of 24 Nights.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Originally Posted by ampevents
    QUOTE Seriously though, my turntable automatically detects what size/weight the record is then determines the speed for me.QUOTE

Really? That must be a pain in the neck when playing 12" 45rpm records. (Or 7" 33rpm records, though those are less common.)

----I'm impressed it can tell the weight of a record !! --- ----