Thread: Any Drummer w studio setup want to lay down "Touching Once" by Renaissance?

Any Drummer w studio setup want to lay down "Touching Once" by Renaissance?

Hello,...

I am in the process of re-recording this song, and I would prefer to have live drums. I can do everything else (except for Annie's vocal obviously). I know a lot of drummers these days have their own recording setups. Anybody out there keen on laying down the drums for this? I'd send an mp3, then you could record your drums and send me the drum track. This isn't a for-hire kind of situation. More like a labor of love. The finished result will likely be posted on YouTube. Thanks :)
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

I'd recommend that you send the drummer-in-question an uncompressed WAV-file, as MP3 compression induces minute time shifts that could throw off the timing.
    Last edited by hFx; 09-13-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Thank you hFx That explains something I think I have noticed in the past with a couple of projects. I thought it must be software related (have ended up chopping tiny little bits here and there with a couple of tunes just to make everything sync to my satisfaction). Mystery solved... I won't be "flying in" any more MP3s
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

Your welcome I look forward to hearing the finished piece!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    I'd recommend that you send the drummer-in-question an uncompressed WAV-file, as MP3 compression induces minute time shifts that could throw off the timing.
    You could however use lossless FLAC to reduce file size, making for easier file transfer.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama