Thread: Report from Morsefest 2017

Thanks for sharing! Along with making it to one of Marillion's heralded weekends, attending a Morsefest is on my bucket list. While I'm not quite as mesmerized as Portnoy is of it, imho The Similitude of a Dream is one of Neal's most impressive releases.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Absolutely amazing weekend! For fans of Neal Morse, this can't be beat. The band was on fire and Portnoy especially played with a passion like never before, knowing it was his last time to play TSOAD in its entirety. The DVD release next year will undoubtedly be superb, for anyone who couldn't be there (and those of us who were!).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Can you tell us a bit what the vibe is like? I saw some early SB and Transatlantic shows, wondering what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Can you tell us a bit what the vibe is like? I saw some early SB and Transatlantic shows, wondering what it's like.
    One thing that struck me was during the 3 shows I attended there were none of the usual loud talkers during the songs deal so prevalent in live shows, you could hear a pin drop through all of them. I'm sure the fact that you had to lay out major $ (flight, hotel room, car rental, food + cost of tix) to get there so you really love you some Neal, why chatter during his performance? Neal is at home base (his old church) surrounded by his fans so he's loose, comfortable, and on point, the performances were top notch all the way. It's kinda amazing Neal lives there, the entire commercial part of town is like a mile long, afterwards nothing but farms and small private homes. The "restaurants" were all fast food, I mean in the square mile you saw Wendy's, McDonalds, BK, Bojangles, Cracker Barrel, A & W, DQ, Waffle House, it's no wonder most of the people we saw were out of shape, and that's putting it mildly. I mean I'm sure for $200,000 you can buy a McMansion, but being 20 miles outta Nashville it looks like there's zero to do, we drove 18 miles to a mall to see a movie during the downtime between shows, it was the closest theatre to our hotel. New York it ain't.

Friday night sounds like a perfect set list!!! Lifeline, So Many Roads, Seeds Of Gold and all of Testimony 2 (Neal's most overlooked masterwork.)

Wish I could have gone but I'll buy the DVD.

I love Neal Morse.

Sorry.

The Prog Corner