Thread: CD reissues - Agusa, Lamagaia, Berits Halsband

CD reissues - Agusa, Lamagaia, Berits Halsband

I recently scored CD reissues of Agusa's Katarsis, Lamagaia's Lamagaius and the Berits Halsband album from Sound Effect Records. These are in "discfolio" packaging, and I thought I'd share some pictures - partly because they are really nice, and partly because I want to give props to a small label that is still providing for those of us who prefer the CD format. The Agusa and Lamagaia are both recent releases that were originally vinyl-only.

The discfolio is bigger than a regular digipack or jewel case. For comparison:

Very nice quality cardstock on the Berits Halsband and Agusa:

But mainly I'm enjoying listening to these on the silver beermat, as nature intended.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

The Lamagaia, on thinner card:

Bandcamp Profile

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I love that tag line in the Lamagia packaging. That disc seriously kicks ass too. If you love space rock, seriously consider this one.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I recently scored CD reissues of Agusa's Katarsis, Lamagaia's Lamagaius and the Berits Halsband album from Sound Effect Records. These are in "discfolio" packaging, and I thought I'd share some pictures - partly because they are really nice, and partly because I want to give props to a small label that is still providing for those of us who prefer the CD format. The Agusa and Lamagaia are both recent releases that were originally vinyl-only.
    I've got the Agisa in that collection, but the Orange version. It's fairly fragile because of the cardboard quality and the way it dirties up ultra quickly.

While I love these all-cardboard CD issues, this one is just too big (14.5 x 14.5 cm)
    I wish they kept them to standard 13 x 13 cm or those jewelcase dimensions (12.5 x 14)

music on it is great, but its size makes storage difficult

I may go for the Berits one, but is the cardboard as "fragile" against dirt, as the Agusa release is?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^ Yes it's similar, though thicker - fairly grainy and porous stock. Which makes for a nice feel, but I hadn't thought about the longevity. I guess I'll store them in the plastic envelopes they came in.

I am very taken with the Berits album - just lovely.

Bandcamp Profile

When we did the Berits album we jointly discovered with our friends and distributors from Sound Effect, a small group of cover designers in Athens that were using this cardboard material and they could do whatever cover design we requested under the constraint that the size was a little bigger than 14 cms. That's what their cutter pattern was in relation to the cardboard sheet size and couldn't be adjusted without considerable waste. As the quality was very good and reasonably priced, we resulted in a partnership with them...

The Berits CD is sealed in a polyethylenic envelope.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

^ Apologies, I should have mentioned that the Berits is a joint release. Thanks, anyway, for putting it out there - a fantastic record, one of those hidden gems that one stumbles on from time to time.

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    When we did the Berits album we jointly discovered with our friends and distributors from Sound Effect, a small group of cover designers in Athens that were using this cardboard material and they could do whatever cover design we requested under the constraint that the size was a little bigger than 14 cms. That's what their cutter pattern was in relation to the cardboard sheet size and couldn't be adjusted without considerable waste. As the quality was very good and reasonably priced, we resulted in a partnership with them...

Beautiful quality...and a huge pain in the ass to ship. We had to order special boxes to ship them to our customers due to the size. ��

For those who are familiar with it, how does the size of these packages compare with Echolyn's A Little Nonsense...?

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post

You, mean it's even greater than 14 x 14 ?
    I hope it's still in cms, and not inches...

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Beautiful quality...and a huge pain in the ass to ship. We had to order special boxes to ship them to our customers due to the size. ��
    I can imagine...

Though the Amazon-type of envelopes could take (with the slightly sticky rippled cardboard on the inside) it no problems.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.