Thread: Prog Dreams

Prog Dreams

I highly doubt anyone else has any similar experiences to share, but I had to share mine.

This thread is about dreams either with prog related people in it, or just prog in general, or just any interesting dream.
    Anyways I had one a couple nights ago, which I thought was quite funny.

I was with this random trio rock band (who do not exist in real life), my mother, Peter Jackson, and Jon Anderson. We all stopped at a McDonalds, and I wanted to stay behind with Peter Jackson and Jon, as they couldn't go to order as they were having difficulty passing over something, cause they were too short. Its been an inside joke for a while (with Jon specifically), about me carrying him and stuff, since I'm 4 inches taller than him. So I decided in my dream, to help both of them with the quest, though it only turned out to be Jon in my arms. So I was carrying Jon in that way mothers carry their baby on their hip, where each leg is on either side of the carrier, ya know? After maybe like carrying him for 30 seconds he transformed into my dog. I also have had a theory/joke for the longest time, that my dog was Jon Anderson. So I suppose its true, afterall my dreams tell truths.

Doesn't seem like much, but it was quite funny to me atleast.
    You also might be asking yourself, why haven't I been dreaming about Phil? Well boys I don't know.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That's freaky!

The only prog related dreams I remember are from back in the days when it was very hard to find new Marillion albums in NYC record stores. I had two dreams (each when a new Marillion release was coming up) that I found the CD in a record store, and I think both times it was in some kind of bizarre, elaborate packaging. Both were dreams that felt great during and immediately after, but once I was really awake I realized they were just dreams and felt let down. But those are usually the best dreams (and usually involve women instead of CDs!).

Well atleast I can say I met Jon Anderson... in my dreams

Dreams are weird. I have had two dreams that both involved a singer from a rock group (not prog), who I'm kind of in love with, and I can say they were amazing dreams. If not the best I had.
    It is rather strange to dream about rare CD's. Well dreaming about people that you wish you knew and such, will always be better than materialistic items.

Actually now when I think about it, I have had a dream about YEStival. Why is Yes/Jon invading my head

I need to pore over my dream journals. So far, the closest to prog I’ve managed to find is an amusing, music-related quote:

“Remember, you’re not throwing coins for just any song, you’re throwing coins for a masterpiece! Charlie Parker said so!”
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Ha that is amusing

I've never actually considered to keep a dream journal before, as I usually remember vividly all of the unusual/fascinating ones. I once had one long ago, that is kind of Planet of Apeish, that would be an amazing movie. Unfortunately I have no intent on directing.

I have a recurring dream that I am on stage with YES while they are playing Close to the Edge and Steve lets me play the electric sitar parts.

Decades ago, I used to keep a dream journal...must have about 2.5 yrs. worth of documented dreams.
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by PhilIsLife View Post
    I've never actually considered to keep a dream journal before, as I usually remember vividly all of the unusual/fascinating ones. I once had one long ago, that is kind of Planet of Apeish, that would be an amazing movie. Unfortunately I have no intent on directing.
    I love it when I have long, detailed dreams that are like surreal mind movies. I had one where a plane brought back soldiers from Vietnam, and when some custodians were cleaning it, they found a pair of dismembered fingers that got up and walked around of their own volition. A social worker has a psychic bond with the fingers, and it’s her task to find the man to transplant them back onto.

There was another with an evil, hunchbacked man who would play the violin, causing this crazy-eyed, knife-wielding woman to go on killing sprees.

Yet another involved a trip to India, where tiny wizards did battle from atop the bellies of fat, floating giants. One of the giants eats too much and throws up in an old lady’s garden. She gets on the phone to call the police, describing the weird thing she’s seeing.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

francisharvey
    That was so weird. I remember this one weir dream where I was running with all my might because monsters were running after me but in my dream no matter how hard or fast I run, I am not moving!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    Carpet Cleaning Annapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I love it when I have long, detailed dreams that are like surreal mind movies. I had one where a plane brought back soldiers from Vietnam, and when some custodians were cleaning it, they found a pair of dismembered fingers that got up and walked around of their own volition. A social worker has a psychic bond with the fingers, and it’s her task to find the man to transplant them back onto.

There was another with an evil, hunchbacked man who would play the violin, causing this crazy-eyed, knife-wielding woman to go on killing sprees.

Yet another involved a trip to India, where tiny wizards did battle from atop the bellies of fat, floating giants. One of the giants eats too much and throws up in an old lady’s garden. She gets on the phone to call the police, describing the weird thing she’s seeing.
    It seems a lot of "movie like" dreams have to do with war. My one was where there were armies who were protected/guarded by apes, and one of the soldiers decides to escape with this ape he became friends with. In my dream it skipped between different landscapes, like desert, forest, etc, until it came to the end where it finished by them standing by a shoreline. There is a lot you could add onto it, I even had a long discussion with my brother about it, and we came up with a whole plot and everything. Basically that everyone controlling these armies, was a women. The dude from my original dream, finds her location and ends up falling in love, but the ape he arrives with ends up killing her, cause he thinks its going to hurt the guy. Quite tragic actually. There are quite a few pot holes with that, but I haven't thought to intensely about it, since it will never become a real thing. Maybe in my dream though