Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which complete discography Deluxe Boxset would you like to buy ?

Hatfield & The North
    National Health
    Mr. Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    David Hentschel
    Does he have other original material besides the 'Educating Rita' soundtrack?, which I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Does he have other original material besides the 'Educating Rita' soundtrack?, which I enjoyed.
    Startling Music

Which, apparently, isn't.

Legendary Pink Dot
    Frank Zappa
    Isildurs Bane
    After Crying
    La Maschera Di Cerra
    Cardiacs

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Which, apparently, isn't.
    Really? Aw that's too bad, I like the Educating Rita soundtrack, reminds me of Banks' 'Wicked Lady' keyboard tracks, though of course the Banks material is stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Really? Aw that's too bad, I like the Educating Rita soundtrack, reminds me of Banks' 'Wicked Lady' keyboard tracks, though of course the Banks material is stronger.
    I've never heard it. I became aware of it back in the 70s when I'd buy practically anything vaguely Genesis related, such as Marscape and Peter and the Wolf, but I never bought the Hentschel LP. The word was already out that it wasn't very good. It's not Prog-Rock either. Memory could be letting me down, but I think it's Soft Rock.

Led Zep bluray audio's and the DVD box set upgraded to Bluray also all in one mega box set! I'd take out a loan to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I've never heard it. I became aware of it back in the 70s when I'd buy practically anything vaguely Genesis related, such as Marscape and Peter and the Wolf, but I never bought the Hentschel LP. The word was already out that it wasn't very good. It's not Prog-Rock either. Memory could be letting me down, but I think it's Soft Rock.
    Oh it's 70s. So perhaps he improved with the Genesis influence, for the 80s 'Educating Rita' soundtrack.

I would also be interested in a Bo Hansson box, which would need to include his stuff with Karlsson, and the 'mitt I livet' album he released in the 80s, which I think there's a song or two on youtube (with vocals, weirdly) and any unreleased stuff, of which there is no doubt

As for Tangerine Dream, if you buy these you'd have most of their albums up until 1983 or so?
    Did a quick check of their discography, I'd love to get live stuff from the ca. 1972-77 era. I have about 40 CD's of stuff that I downloaded from not-at-all-legal sources from that era, but a lot of them have really poor sound.
    ...or you could love

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    And if Blue Note did one for his 60's albums, I'd go for it too.
    Here's one
    https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Blue...lete+blue+note

4AD could release a fine complete box with the music of Dif Juz.

Thx for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Burley Wright View Post
    That's the full sessions, I don't want alt takes or live renditions

I'd go for this one instead (original albums only)
    https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Note-Alb...1ZKKFVSFFQ28NG

And for the Columbia years,, this sounds/looks good, but 150.00??
    https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Colu...EAZHRE521Z4QPE

Mighty tempting (especially Sextant and the Head Hunters era) at least until the 80's (plenty of stuff never on CD before, outside Japan), but I don't need crap like Future Shock and it would still miss THE SPOOK WHO SAT BY THE DOOR (OST) and "Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Keith Jarrett, McCoy Tyner"
    Last edited by Trane; 09-01-2017 at 03:28 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

alien8cdpromo-1-450x450.jpg

Eat your boxset.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

I'd buy an incomplete Jon Anderson box set that promised to be completed over time.

re: Tangerine Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Bender View Post
    Did a quick check of their discography, I'd love to get live stuff from the ca. 1972-77 era. I have about 40 CD's of stuff that I downloaded from not-at-all-legal sources from that era, but a lot of them have really poor sound.
    And a lot of the ones that were released legitimately were drawn from bootleg recordings, and many had some kind of defect. For instance, the first Bootleg Box (or whatever it was called) had a big chunk missing from the end of the first set of the 1975 Royal Albert Hall concert on the first pressing (the second pressing corrected the problem, but when it was reissued some years later, the new version was again missing the same bit of music).

Then when they started with the Boot Moon releases, there was a further pressing error where by the discs of the first two got swapped around, ie when you bought Boot Moon I (which I believe was Montreal), you actually got half of a show from the 77 US tour, and half of an early 80's show. And Boot Moon II (which was from an early 80's show, I think) had the same problem, you got the other half of the 77 show and the other half of the early 80's show. So you had to buy both to get either show in it's entirety.

And I think one of my more TD savvy Facebook friends said that carried on through most of the Boot Moon releases.

The Esoteric reissue of Atem has a 1973 recording from Berlin, and their reissue of Zeit includes the 1972 Klangwald recording. Of course, if you've got all the Tangerine Tree/Leaves things, you'll probably have those already.

A few that come to mind:

Henry Kaiser (I'd certainly love to have a CD set of the Metalanguage stuff, most of which has never been on CD at all, a set based on his SST releases would also be pretty cool too, since those are all out of print too)

Derek Bailey

Terje Rypdal (maybe include his orchestral pieces, and some live stuff)

David Torn (include some live stuff, too?)

Hans Reichel (again live material would be nice)

Sonny Sharrock (still looking for live stuff)

AMM

Oh yeah, and Raoul Bjorkenheim, too.

Just saw a post on the Mick Karn-forum, which announced the release by Sony of the early solo-albums by Masami Tsuchiya (Ippo-Do, Japan).
    Solo Vox - Epic Years will contain five albums.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    I'd buy an incomplete Jon Anderson box set that promised to be completed over time.

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post

51PkhpO9WQL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    2trevorsforlife