Thread: Mayweather vs. McGregor

Mayweather vs. McGregor

Thoughts? I call Floyd by KO in 3. Maybe 2.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out in a very long time. I expect he'll do a paint job on McGregor, and win easily, but it will be boring and go the distance.

I suspect Mayweather will win going the distance but given his penchant for abusing women I'd love to see McGregor just shred his ass and thus publicly humiliate him
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I would love if after the endless talk and millions of dollars spent on this thing that it would end in approx. 14 seconds with one punch to the face. I don't even care who wins in that scenario.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'm just hoping that after this fight is over, there isn't a rematch in the Octagon. It would really look like a scam at that point.

I hope Mayweather knocks him out. The fight might be fixed for all we know. I long for a day when boxing returns to its former glory. I despise UFC. I think it's barbaric. Legitimate martial arts I have a lot of respect for, but MMA is horrible. I hope Mayweather shuts this loudmouth up and embarrasses him.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Two equally detestable loudmouths, I just hope it's over very rapidly.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Two equally detestable loudmouths, I just hope it's over very rapidly.
    Yeah, May should be in jail, and the other guy's a douchebag. It's just about impossible to root for anyone in this fight.

I'm rooting for Mayweather not because I like him but because I'm a long time boxing fan and because l agree with everything Vic2012 said a few posts back about UFC.

So is anyone actually buying the fight? 100 dollars for pay per view? The fight starts late too. I'll be snoring by then. Of course we'll see it on youtube.

Seriously, is this bad for boxing? In a way I think it's good. Boxing has become a cult, or niche sport over the last few decades. It's a shame. This generation only knows UFC. If McGregor somehow beats Mayweather it would be devastating for boxing. But who knows? Maybe McGregor will get out of MMA on become a boxer. That would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    So is anyone actually buying the fight? 100 dollars for pay per view? The fight starts late too. I'll be snoring by then. Of course we'll see it on youtube.

Seriously, is this bad for boxing? In a way I think it's good. Boxing has become a cult, or niche sport over the last few decades. It's a shame. This generation only knows UFC. If McGregor somehow beats Mayweather it would be devastating for boxing. But who knows? Maybe McGregor will get out of MMA on become a boxer. That would be good.
    Agree, it would be devastating for boxing if McGregor should happen to win. I don't think there is a chance in hell that is going to happen, but it would not be a good thing for the sport.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'll look up the result on the internet tomorrow and then watch the highlights in a few days when they go up.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hell no, gonna find a periscope stream via Twitter. Have to work late, may get home afterwards anyway especially if there's an early winner.

As for the state of boxing, this will give it a well needed boost, if only for the one time event. There really isn't anything happening in the sport to get my attention otherwise. The heydays are over especially in the heavyweight division, which was once on top of the sports world. McGregor getting $100,000, 000 win, lose or draw is comical; but good for him!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agree, it would be devastating for boxing if McGregor should happen to win. I don't think there is a chance in hell that is going to happen, but it would not be a good thing for the sport.
    My only concern is Mayweather's age. He's a physical specimen but he's 40. Not sure how old McGregor is but I don't think he's 30. I kinda get the feeling the whole thing has been staged. I doubt Mayweather would fight this guy if he thought he (Mayweather) could lose the fight. Even if the fight goes the distance it would be a blow for boxing.

10 round tko for Floyd. Much better fight than I expected. Nowhere near the intensity of Hagler/Hearns Duran/Leonard, but entertaining nonetheless.

The judges' scorecard.

mayweather mcgregor scorecard.jpg

The laughed all the way to the bank.

Good fight!

Connor McGregor should should leave MMA and just be a boxer. Maybe that's what the sport of boxing needs.

Connor McGregor should should leave MMA and just be a boxer. Maybe that's what the sport of boxing needs.
    You can forget that hypothesis. Talks are being finalized for a 3rd fight between McGregor and Nate Diaz for the UFC's December 30th show in Vegas.

RIP Ferdie Pacheco......"Da Fight Docta. "

I really thought he was an MD. He was a cut man......

No one else remembers Ferdie? He was Mohammed Ali's corner man.

I certainly do. I watched many a fight where he was the color man.

Yeah I remember him as a commentator. I read his bio on Wikipedia and he was a medical doctor. I thought Docta was just a nickname......