Thread: Rick Wakeman and Tony Banks on BBC Radio 2

Rick Wakeman and Tony Banks on BBC Radio 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0922whd

... I'd really like to hear this, it airs next Monday (28th), but I won't be able to as far as I know (I'm in Canada). Anyone know if there's another way? I'm a bit naive when it comes to things like this, so apologies if there's a completely obvious answer.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Maybe a pod cast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0922whd

... I'd really like to hear this, it airs next Monday (28th), but I won't be able to as far as I know (I'm in Canada). Anyone know if there's another way? I'm a bit naive when it comes to things like this, so apologies if there's a completely obvious answer.
    The obvious answer is to try the link after the programme has aired. You should be able to stream it from there then. Unless there are rights issues: most BBC radio programmes seem to be available abroad, but with music programmes you can never be sure in my experience. So just wait and, eh... hear

Quote Originally Posted by helicase View Post
    The obvious answer is to try the link after the programme has aired. You should be able to stream it from there then. Unless there are rights issues: most BBC radio programmes seem to be available abroad, but with music programmes you can never be sure in my experience. So just wait and, eh... hear
    Every time I've tried to stream a BBC program it is unavailable in Canada, whether it just aired or not.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Every time I've tried to stream a BBC program it is unavailable in Canada, whether it just aired or not.
    I don't think there's a way to get hold of this in Canada then. I thought they only distinguished between UK only and worldwide availability, but it looks like it's different for each country then.

I've never been able to get a BBC stream to work in the US, either. Definitely have them locked down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Getting yourself a little VPN app should get round these problems. Works for me when I am trying to watch iplayer when away from the UK. Never needed it for radio iplayer though.

Progatron, have you tried listening to the programme? I see someone's started another thread about it with a number of people from North America contributing who seem to have heard it, so it may work for you, too.
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...Banks-on-BBC-2

Yes, this one did work for me, thankfully! I enjoyed it, but wish Rick got a little more in depth with some of his questions.