Thread: Rachel Flowers - Hearing is Believing (Music from the Soundtrack)

Rachel Flowers - Hearing is Believing (Music from the Soundtrack)

FrontCover.jpgInsideLeftCover.jpgInsideRightCover.jpgBackCover.jpg

http://rachelflowersmusic.com/2017/0...he-soundtrack/

This amazingly diverse motion picture soundtrack from “Hearing is Believing”, Lorenzo DeStefano’s award-winning 2017 feature documentary, features the astonishing talents of the young American musician and composer, Rachel Flowers.

Blind since birth, Rachel’s ears are her eyes for the world. Her photographic memory and perfect pitch combine to make her an exceptional musical force. She truly has no boundaries to constrain her creativity, navigates freely through any style with a maturity and brilliant musicality well beyond her years.

The 14 tracks range from a powerfully relevant cover of Bruce Hornsby’s iconic “The Way It Is”, to the jazz classic “Body & Soul” with Grammy-winning trumpet great Arturo Sandoval. Her improvisational abilities and idiosyncratic tendencies as a guitarist are featured on a stunning collaboration with Grammy-winner Dweezil Zappa on Frank Zappa’s “Montana”. Rachel’s collaboration with fifty members of the Santa Barbara Youth Symphony on her original composition, “At The End of the Day”, redefines the concept of film and orchestral music. Her stunning display of virtuosity on composer Gary Schocker’s extremely challenging “Ambidextranata” for piano & flute is unforgettable.

These and other classical, jazz fusion and orchestral tracks capture Rachel’s uncanny ability to express herself in seemingly unlimited musical mediums. In the same way that a puppy might bolt through an open gate to run full speed into a grassy field, Rachel unleashes her musical prowess on this album with joyful abandon.

In a world exploding with new music, Rachel Flowers deserves to be discovered by a wider audience. This soundtrack provides listeners with that unique and timeless opportunity to celebrate a truly unique and compelling new talent.

Cool, hoping this is included in what I ordered in the pledge campaign for the movie a couple of years ago. Still looking forward to the DVD, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Cool, hoping this is included in what I ordered in the pledge campaign for the movie a couple of years ago. Still looking forward to the DVD, as well.
    I sent the film producer a case of CDs on Friday to send to the supporters of the film. They should be going out very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    I sent the film producer a case of CDs on Friday to send to the supporters of the film. They should be going out very soon.
    Is there any news on the 'non USA' regions for the DVD and BluRay? I presume I'll be getting a CD and DVD for the pledge campaign etc, but if I get the DVD it will be region 1. I'm happy to buy my own Region B Blu Ray disc, but since the announcement that a non USA distribution deal has been agreed, I've not heard anything. I am presuming that there actually will be other region blu rays and DVDs available at some point, and it's not just an online distribution deal for downloading or streaming the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly112 View Post
    Is there any news on the 'non USA' regions for the DVD and BluRay?
    Sorry but I do not have any other information on the DVD/Blu-ray other than the director has found a distributer for outside of the US. I will see if I can find anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    Sorry but I do not have any other information on the DVD/Blu-ray other than the director has found a distributer for outside of the US. I will see if I can find anything out.
    Thanks Robert.

The only news I have currently is Poorhouse International has the worldwide distribution rights. https://news.imz.at/industry-news/ne...eving-2902174/

Just a quick update. The DVDS sent to the film donors do not appear to be region coded. Mine plays perfectly in my blu ray player, which I'm sure is not multi region for DVD. Although they are not the standard DVDs available for purchase. They are stamped 'Complimentary DVD', and don't appear to have any extras. The included soundtrack CD is the standard one as per the subject of this thread, although I've not played it.

Edit. I've just played the CD and can recommend it. More diverse than 'Listen'. Most people who have followed the story over the past few years will be familiar with much of the content from either film previews on You Tube, or Soundcloud, although there are a couple of new pieces. Dan Flowers 'Serendipity' will be familiar from the early Hearing Is Believing promotional clips. It is a lovely piece, very well played and recorded. Rachel's voice on 'Expecting' goes into stratospheric territory (it's A Minnie Riperton cover). Body and Soul (with Arturo Sandoval) is a good piano/trumpet workout. 'Shoreline' is a decent original as is 'At the Beach'. Although not really as good as anything on 'Listen'.
    Last edited by Philly112; 10-01-2017 at 09:22 AM.