Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guapo: History of the Visitation

Guapo: History of the Visitation

I like this, both the CD and the DVD. What do you reckon?

http://www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/guapo.html

Love it. Picked up the LP and CD.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I bought it.

Should of listened to it last night but did not. I will hopefully rectify that tonight.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It's really really good. I'm not sure if it's as good as 5 Suns and Black Oni as it will take a few months to full absorb.

What is a deal maker is the DVD of the NF performance which is worth the admission fee on its own. It has a full performance of 5 Suns and is awesome.

It's the early contender for album of the year for me. I can't wait to see them at RIO.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I picked it up over the weekend at my local brick and mortar. Still need to play it. I may watch the DVD first.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    What is a deal maker is the DVD of the NF performance which is worth the admission fee on its own. It has a full performance of 5 Suns and is awesome.
    Yeah, this is really cool. I ended getting balcony seats at this NF, so it was killer reliving this up close. I actually skipped Saturday's night headliner that year and drove down to Philly to catch them with Zombi at the Khyber Pass -- Guapo played for about 10 people and they tore the roof off. As much as I enjoyed the NF set, seeing them at a much small venue, was amazing. Plus, they had way more energy. They didn't get any sleep for Sunday's performance because their van broke down in route to Bethlehem.

I'm on about my 4th listen and it is really starting to kick in big time. I knew going in that because I love Black Oni so much, that for me at least, it would be a tough act to follow, but the new one is really starting to grow on me, especially the 26 minute epic first track.

I've yet to watch the DVD, but it should be awesome to relive their NEARfest performance. I sincerely hope that I can make it to RIO this year to catch them live again!

neil

Here is a extract from a live track I recorded at The RIO Festival 2007 included in the DVD

http://soundcloud.com/udi-koomran/gu...rom-history-of

I like the extract, i'll pick up the CD+DVD at the RIO fest, why not the LP depending on the quality of the pressing.

Cool...Didn't know it had finally come out. Definately will be buying this in the next few days. Who carrys it?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Cool.Who carrys it?
    Wayside Music

"Carrys"? Really?

I've been playing this one a lot.

This just might be my favorite release by them. Fantastic stuff! One of these days I'll get around to the DVD.

I think this my favorite release by them as well. The others required me to be in a certain mood to play them while this one works basically any time, any mood.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    That is a glorious review. It's my album of the year so far but then it's also the only album from 2013 I've bought so far
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Love it, love it, love it.
    Last edited by zombywoof; 03-08-2013 at 11:42 AM.

REALLY lovely. Thanks for posting!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Like everybody else in this thread, I'm really digging this new one. Quickly moving into 1st place on my Guapo list.

Wow...that really is a tremendous review.

Just watched the live footage from NEARfest. Excellent audio and video work, and a very good call to put the whole show into moody black and white. I'm a big fan of the new CD, but it hasn't quite knocked Black Oni out my #1 spot, as of yet.

neil

This will be on my next order from Greg, aong with the first two FM albums and Les Champignons reissue
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I bought Five Suns on Ian's (Nogbad's) suggestion, in attempt to keep up on the modern RIO scene. I liked it so much, that I went directly to Wayside and bought this one too, mostly on the promise of the live DVD. As I'd listened to 5 Suns, I would try imagine would it would sound like in the Zoellner, so I saw the DVD as a chance to get a good idea! Well, as it turned out, I liked History of the Visitation so much that I listened to it every day for a week or two ... and it is still fresh to me! Then, I bought Black Oni and loved it too! It was a musical renaissance to me, as I hadn't discovered a band I loved this much in ages! Still haven't heard Elixers, but its on my wish list, along with a bunch of other things that we discuss here. :-)

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Finally got around to listening and I like it. More of a slower burner than the explosive Five Suns (and Black Oni), but still just as good. I'd slide it in as my number three right now (after the previously mentioned ones), but will be enjoying it for some time to be sure.

Hopefully I'll watch the DVD is short order.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.