Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Your Top Five Zappa Albums?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I don't think it's the sound quality so as the mix, which I'm told is VERY different from the original LP release.
    The credits on the double CD were vague, but it does seem that it was a remix, not only a remaster. The original is in the recent 5 CD set and a lot of it was on Läther. As I recall the original was very dry while the double CD was more reverb heavy, as with a lot of the Zappa CDs from the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    The credits on the double CD were vague, but it does seem that it was a remix, not only a remaster. The original is in the recent 5 CD set and a lot of it was on Läther. As I recall the original was very dry while the double CD was more reverb heavy, as with a lot of the Zappa CDs from the time.
    It was definitely a remix, at least the early 90's release was. I remember that distinctly because I listened to a late night radio show where the host would play an hour or so of Zappa every Thursday night/Friday morning. I distinctly remember him saying on the air that he was having trouble getting used to the new remix.