Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED ALBUM: Atomic Rooster - Atomic Roooster

Back in the late 1970s I had the standard Devil's Answer EP that many of my friends also owned, but finding this album in a second-hand record store made it my first actual Atomic Rooster album. Possibly because of that, it has since been my favourite from the band, although Headline News now runs it close. I like the Death and Hearing albums, but for some reason they've never connected with me like the first and last albums.

I prefer In Hearing Of.

The current version of the band (featuring Steve Bolton and Pete French) will be playing this weekend at WeyFest. Pity I never caught them back in Crane's day but I'm looking forward to hearing this music live for the first time.

^Please report back. Not a chance They're ever coming over my way, but I'm interested in what they're doing.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^Please report back. Not a chance They're ever coming over my way, but I'm interested in what they're doing.
    Well if they ever do come your way, I suggest you check them out. Their performance exceeded my expectations. Pete French's voice has stood up well and Boltz appears to have lost neither his skill nor his enthusiasm. They were having a ball. The guy with the impossible task of standing in for VC put in an assured performance -- if anything, I'd have liked him to be a bit more prominent in the mix.

Here's the setlist:

Sleeping for years
    Tomorrow night
    Black snake
    A spoonful of bromide etc
    Save me
    Devil's answer
    Decision indecision
    Vug
    Death walks behind you
    Head in the sky
    Nobody else
    Break the ice
    Breakthrough

About 300 fans stood in the rain of an English Summer to enjoy this excellent hour-and-a-bit performance on the festival's second stage, while Ralph McTell was strumming and singing to Mrs groon and a few hundred more from the main stage. WeyFest is a small (2500 capacity) festival held each August in the grounds of a rural life museum on the Hampshire/Surrey border. Tull, the Zombies, the Enid, Asia, Curved Air have all played in recent years. Very convenient for those of us who live thereabouts.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    That's a great set list, would have loved to have seen that.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.