Thread: Gentle Encounter

Gentle Encounter

I printed out for the summer the old numbers of the Gentle Giant fanzine Proclamation by Norwegian fan Geir Hasnes available as pdf on the Blazemonger site. Excellent read btw, my favorite topic so far is the Dutch GG music analysis in Number 3.

So I was sitting yesterday in the subway going to work reading Proclamation and I felt the looks of a middle aged man sitting in front of me on me (actually on my lecture) At one point he started talking to me and said that he was Danish and that Octopus was one of his favorite records. We had then a nice discussion about GG and prog in general until the end of the line. Seen that in general the atmosphere in the Paris subway is a bit tense this encounter really gave me a great start for the day.
    I'll remember that with kindness
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Very nice story! I had a few nice encounters on the Boston subway around books I was reading or that I saw others reading. But never anything music or Prog related. I do often read Progression on the subway, but nobody has ever said anything to me about it. It's funny how these little pleasant interludes can put you in a good mood, I can totally relate!

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    I'll remember that with kindness
    I see what you did there!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Very nice story! I had a few nice encounters on the Boston subway around books I was reading or that I saw others reading. But never anything music or Prog related. I do often read Progression on the subway, but nobody has ever said anything to me about it. It's funny how these little pleasant interludes can put you in a good mood, I can totally relate!

I see what you did there!

Bill
    Thanx for your reply Bill
    Martin
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"